10 - Shadow of the Alpha

After I woke up, I continued to receive a million and a half tweets about the livestream. Any DMs I got, I simply replied with the link to Jack's response vlog, but it seemed like nobody wanted to admit that Jack and I were in fact courting. Septiplier shippers seemed to sprout more than usual. I had never understood Septiplier, since Jack and Mark were both very obviously Alphas. Crankiplier and Jethan (A/N: DOES ANYONE KNOW ETHAN AND JACK'S SHIP NAME I CAN'T FIND IT) made sense that at least Ethan was an omega. There were some cases of Alphas being together, but they were very rare pairings. I do have to admit that they are both very attractive and it would be hot to see them together.

Eventually, I turned my phone over on my desk beside my computer, rubbing my eyes with the palms of my hands before starting up the computer and getting ready to record. After syncing the audio and getting everything just perfect, I finally began the video.

"Good Day everyone, my name is MercyRulesGames, and on this beautiful day we will be playing Subnautica! I've been wanting to start this series for literal months..."

After finishing up the recording, I began the process of editing and then uploading the video and noticed that it was almost 1:30pm. I hadn't eaten since I woke up at 8am, and I could hear my stomach growling. Faith had left almost an hour ago when I was editing to run errands before her date with Christian tonight. She only ever uploaded 3 times a week, since she was also able to run a successful instagram account for a 2nd paycheck, something most beauty bloggers did. Her schedule was much more open than mine since it didn't take literal hours to edit her videos.

I scampered into the kitchen and made myself a turkey and cheese sandwich and grabbed myself a bottle of water before taking my phone out of my back pocket of my sweatpants and saw that I had some texts from Jack.

Jack 💚: Good morning, beautiful.       received 9:02am

Instead of texting him back, since hours had passed, I decided to call him. If his phone was off, I'd know he was recording and just leave him a message.

"Hello?" Jack's soothing voice sang through my phone speaker.

"Hi Alpha." I replied timidly.

"Oh hello, my little omega, how are you today?" Sean cooed at me, I could hear he smirk in his voice.

"Pretty good, I already got all my editing and recording done for the day, and my video should be going up any minute now."

"Nice, I just sent off my second recording to Robin," I briefly remembered that was Robin was Jack's editor. "Are you free this evening? I was wondering if you might want to go out for dinner?"

"That would be great, Faith has a date tonight and I was just going to order some pizza in."

"Then how about we make it into a movie night? I'll come over and we'll get pizza and watch some movies and cuddle." He chuckled endearingly.

"I'd love that, Alpha."

"Good girl, I'll be over at 5o'clock, alright, cutie?"

"I'll see you then, Sean."

After we hung up, I looked around the living room, it was clean. I quickly silently thanked
Faith for her neat-freaky-ness. Seeing that it was 2pm, I decided to record one more video for the week ahead and I could edit it later if it went too long. I ate my half of my sandwich, put the rest in a bag in the fridge, and drank my water as I recorded another Subnautica video.

Before I knew it, it was 4:50pm. I had started getting ready at 4o'clock and had just finished up my makeup and hair when I heard a knock at the front door. Frantically brushing out the end of my high ponytail and placing my brush in the drawer, I rushed to the front door, careful not to trip with all my clumsiness. I had on a nice navy blue t-shirt dress and black flats, a gold-covered beret on the top of my ponytail, and my gold bracelet from my grandfather. I just hoped that I was dressed up enough without going overboard. I finally made it to the door, brushing off my dress before opening the door.

(A/N: Kinda-Sorta Cliffhanger! Comment any ideas you have for Mercy & Jack's ship name! )