11 - Movie Night

Jack's POV
When Mercy opened her front door, I was struck by her absolute beauty. Her dress inadvertently matched perfectly with my navy blue button up that I had rolled the sleeves up to be 3/4 length.

She blushed a deep red when I looked her over. I suppressed a low growl in my chest, hoping she would ignore the way my eyes darkened.

"Come in, Alpha." She was so timid talking to me. I had hoped that it was just from being nervous over the phone, but to my dismay she seemed to have the same reaction in person.

"Sweetheart, there is no reason to be nervous around me." I took her hand as I stepped into her house. It was quite big and was in a nice neighborhood, a light grey on the outside and built in a modern style. The house suited Mercy and her sister. She lead me to the living room where there was a large black sectional couch and a long coffee table with a big bowl of popcorn, 2 bottles of water, a pitcher of lemonade, and 2 glasses set up atop it. The scene made my heart happy, Mercy was so sweet in her gestures.

"I wasn't sure what you'd want to watch," Her voice interrupted my thoughts. "So I figured we could look through Netflix, or I have a decent collection of DVDs."

I sat down on the couch and she plopped herself down beside me, but a little too far away for my liking. Moving my arm behind her around her middle, I gently tugged her closer so she was sitting between my legs that I had moved up on the couch. I noticed her bright red face and chuckled at her, kissing her forehead.

"You're going to have to get used to this, Mercy. I'm a very affectionate Alpha." My teasing tone was almost overrun by cooing at her adorable shocked face. She was now settled against my frame so that her head was laying high on my chest to where her face could hide in the crook of my neck. Perfect for me to see the beautiful mark I left on her. Part of me couldn't wait to see what her mating mark from me would look like. The one from her previous alpha, which I had marked over on purpose, was a faded purple, like an old bruise that refused to heal properly. With her hands lying gently on my chest, I slid one of my own down to her back in an almost protective way. I wasn't holding her in place, but just laying my hand to show possession, though no one else was around.

We had scrolled through Netflix for a while before finally landing on [Insert your favorite Romantic Comedy Here]. Before we even knew it we had watched 3 more movies as we cuddled and talked, intermittently eating popcorn or drinking some of the lemonade Mercy had made earlier today and sipping on water.

I yawned and checked my watch, and to my great surprise, it was 1:14am. "Shit." I hissed at nobody but myself. Mercy took a break from drawing invisible swirls on the back of my hand and looked up at me puzzled.

"What's wrong?"

"It's 1am, we must have lost track of time."

"Well, time flies when you're having fun.." Mercy chuckles nervously, an apologetic smile spreading across her face. "You can stay here tonight if you want. I don't want to you drive in LA traffic at this hour..."

I half-smiled at her and kissed her forehead before yawning again. "I might just have to take you up on that offer, darling. I'm going to grab my spare change of clothes that I keep in my car, you can go get ready for bed."

"Yes Alpha." She kissed my cheek before gracefully trotting back to where I assumed her bedroom was. I caught myself fondly watching after her before I snapped out of it, grabbing my keys from the coffee table and going out to my car. I always kept some extra clothes in my car in case of an emergency. It consisted of a clean pair of underwear, a JackSepticEye t-shirt, and dark grey joggers. It would do for tonight. I figured Mercy meant I could sleep on the couch until I walked back into the house and saw her already cleaned up the living room, dressed in very short red plaid pajama shorts and a plain black tank top, a pink sleeping mask perched adorably on her head.

She came over to me and pulled me by my wrist down the hallway to her bedroom. Lots of navy blue, pink, and gold accents. It was a gorgeous room with beautiful decorations and pictures adorning the walls. "You can get ready for bed in there," She gestured to what I assumed was her bathroom. "And then come keep me warm, Alpha." She was beaming, seemingly pleased with herself. I smirked and kissed her forehead before going to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Oh if the boys could see me now. I thought. Sleeping in the same bed as an omega twice within days of starting courting. They would call me lucky, then Mark was tell me to be gentle with her, and Tyler would surely make threats. That's how it was when Signe and I started to get serious, granted it was much later into our relationship.

I shook my head, ridding my mind of the omega that left me, just a day before I had planned to propose. She was nothing now. I had a new Omega to care for and love.

I stepped back into Mercy's room, clothed in the t-shirt and joggers, to see her out like a light on her bed, curled up on top of the comforter. I rolled my eyes in adoration and effortlessly picked her small frame up, placing her gently back down under the blankets before climbing in on the other side, spooning her. Her sweet aroma of fresh picked strawberries and vanilla filled my nose and lulled me to sleep with my beautiful omega wrapped in my arms.