Chapter 2~Edited

We drove for 30 minutes until we made it to our destination, I looked out of the window, observing the grass being blown softly in the wind.

"You okay?" Tracey asked softly, nodding slowly I got out of the car and walked to where the now dead flowers lay. Tracey stayed where she was and watched me like a hawk as I sat down and moved all the flowers aside, gazing upon the name on the stone...

'DIANNE JACOBS

1970-2012

Loving Mother and wife'

A tear slid down my cheek.

"Hi, Mommy," I said softly, looking around my mothers grave, observing the others next to hers.

"How's it in Heaven?" I breathed with a dry laugh, "I miss you so much, Mommy. Kelly has turned on me, I've lost Chase and Daddy can't even look at me! I've lost everyone and I need you."

I spoke through sobs as more tears slid down my cheeks. We stayed for another hour before leaving so that Tracey could take me home.

"You sure you're okay, sugar?" she asked, turning to me as we pulled outside my house. I nodded and got out the car to walk up the old stoned driveway. My Dad's car wasn't there, yet again.

You see, when my Mom died, my Dad became distant with me. He spent more time at work then at home and hardly ever spoke to me. I was okay with it though, because I understood he missed her and if you look at pictures of her, I look exactly like her, especially more now than ever.

I walked through the door to our small house and looked around. The room was dark but you could see two piercing eyes in the corner, "Boo boo come here girl," I cooed at my kitten. I bought her with the money from my last pay check from the diner. She was gorgeous, her fur was all black with a white strip across her neck.

I breathed out, feeling an overwhelming sense of exhaustion. My feet trudged to my bedroom, feeling nothing as I hit my bed covers with a flop.

-----

I woke up feeling good, surprisingly.

I skipped to the shower, putting my favourite strawberry shower gel on. As usual I walked to Starbucks and made my way to school - my everyday routine.

As I walked through the building Tracey caught up to me and we made our way to our lockers; Tracey's locker was right across from mine so we're pretty close.

"Carly, the janitor cleaned your locker and put everything back again, okay?" Tracey asked as I opened my locker door. Everything was sparkling clean! I was just about to reply to Tracey when I head Kelly's high-pitched voice, trying to intimidate me more so than yesterday.

"Oh, Carly, your locker is now clean... Shame about your face," she sneered, my anger bubbled as I'd finally had enough of her snide remarks.

"Look Kelly, just leave me alone. I honestly don't know what you get out of bullying me? Does it make you feel better putting people in pain by your sick words?" I replied with a little bit of confidence.

She looked at me wide eyed before giggling, "Of course I do Carls. I mean look at you, you have what? One friend and nobody else."

Julie butted in with a giggle as I heard Tracey click her knuckles so I quickly replied, the words tumbling out of my mouth - "And, my boyfriend, Kelly!"

"Oh, yeah? And, who would want someone like you?" Julie snickered.

"Blake District..." I didn't even think when I answered that sarcastic question but clearly everyone heard me when I heard a chorus of shocked gasps around me.