Chapter 22~Un-Edited

Chapter 22

Walking out the office I felt as if my heart had exploded. My friend was,is dying. I let the tears slip as I walked to the cafeteria noticing how it was break. Once I made it into the room eyes followed me as I walked to the table, “What happened?” Asked Tracey immediately as I sat down.

“There is no trial for what happened with chase… He has cancer and it affected his brain making him do things he wouldn't usually do, He hasn't got long left Trace” I sobbed out as the table gasped. I felt arms around me as I more tears fell.

~       ~           ~

What pursed me to do what I'm going to do I really don't know, I breathed In and out as I practiced the words in my head, I can be confident. I repeated as I walked towards the corner in the corridor. Looking down as I knotted my shaky fingers I was soon noticed by the table. “What's the trash doing here?” Sneared Julie as she and the cheerleaders giggled,Surprisingly Kelly did not.

“I need to speak to you,Kelly!” I said confidently as she looked at me with guilt in her eyes, She nodded ignoring the gasps and looks from the table and pretty much the whole school and followed me out.

“What is it Carly” She asked in a soft voice making me jump.

“Its Chase, You know what happened and everything and how it was very odd for him to do?” I asked as she nodded for me to continue.

“The police have just told me that there won't be a trial as they assessed Chase for a medical examination and He...He has cancer!!” I saw kelly's eyes glisten as she watched me more.

“He only has a couple days left” I said as I let out a sob the same time as she did. Both our faces were covered in tears as we continued to cry.

“I want to see him” She said determined wiping her tears away, I nodded silently agreeing with her. I know what everyone will probably be thinking ‘Why would you want to see the guy that tried to rape you?’ but I had to see him...I needed closure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 5 years old my legs swung off the edge of the treehouse mine and Chase’s dad’s made for us, I listened to the sound of my mothers giggle when my dad wrapped his arms around her making her eyes shine brightly. “What you doing carlybear?” Asked a voice beside me.

Sat next to me was my best friend, Chase Logans. He held his hand out handing me a couple jelly babies he stole from his Dads favourite jar. “Thinking Chasey, What do you think is going to happen to us?” I asked innocently as his eyes brightened at the question “We will always stick together. Me, You and Kelly…” He said making me giggle as he started to tickle me.

“I promise Carlybear I wont ever let you down” He said in his 5 year old state, I gave him a kiss to the cheek making him blush.

“I promise too” I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK OVER!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~                             ~                            ~

Walking up the stoned path me and Kelly breathed deeply trying to calm our nerves, The cabin was quiet outside and seemed peaceful. After what happened at school we both signed out and drove to the treehouse picking up our memories and drove to the hospice.

The hospice receptionist was calm and caring towards us and gladly let us drive to the cabin where Chase was.  Knocking on the door twice we both stood back and looked at each other giving her a small smile I turned to the door which just opened. Stood in the doorway was a teary eyed mother,Chase’s.

“Oh my dears come here,I'm so sorry for him Carly and my god you're both so beautiful now” She said giving us both hugs. I smiled softly as I looked around the room.

“He only has hours girls,Hes in that room over there. Me and Rob will let you have some time with him…Thank you” She said walking into another room.

I opened the door to the corner softly as we both walked in the room, Laid in the middle of the room was Chase In a bed. one wires to his heart beat, No nurses were here. Just family. He looked up from the tv program and the look of shock crossed his face “Carly...Kelly” He said with a deep voice. We both nodded and walked over to the bed.

“Hey Chasey” I said giving him a kiss to the cheek.

“Hi babyboy” Kelly said giving him a kiss to the other cheek bringing that blush I loved when I was little.

“Im so sorry,Both of you! I really am” He said as a tear slid down his cheek. He tried to hide it  but I pulled his face back to mine and wiped them giving him a smile.

“I wont ever let you down again Carls”He said softly giving me a weak smile, I gave him a teary eyed smile.

“Promise” I said

“Promise” He repeated weakly linking our hands together.

“Promise” Kelly said giving a small smile linking our hands.

In those 5 seconds of peace,bliss and closure a long beep came from the room as Chase’s hand became a dead weight...He was gone.

~                                  ~                                    ~

Such an emotional chapter,Pretty small but I couldnt write much with this and to be honest I think its enough for what happened!

Im crying, Rest In Peace Chase.

Are you all crying too?

What do you think of the moment between them all?

Friends reunite?

What do you think is going to happen next?

NEXT UPDATE 3600 READS&VOTE!!