chapter six

Layla’s POV

The sun is starting to set out. the cold and harsh climate is bidding a goodbye to the country.

The day is Friday. I am nervous as sulayman and his family will be coming to my home tomorrow.

Fake proposal.

Ummi had called the cleaner who cleans people's home in the neighborhood to help us in the cleaning and arranging of the house.

I have been Instructed not to go to college to prepare myself for the D-day.

“ummi its not like I am getting engaged tomorrow, why all this” I asked grumbling when I saw her writing a list of items she wants to get from the store.

“sit habibti” she said calmly still concentrating on her list.

I held her hand sitting. She looked up at me. “habibti you know how wealthy the abubakr’s are. I don’t want them to see any imperfection or find any fault in this proposal.

I want them to understand that we might not be rich but we still put efforts in entertaining our visitors just like the prophet had taught us” she said focusing her attention back on the list.

I take a look at the list. “ummmmmmi" I dragged the m. "you are right but I hope this doesn’t cost much” she smiles at me nodding her head. “remember it is also bad to waste food” I said dropping the list.

“I will be getting my beauty sleep in the room” I chuckled, standing up.

“That sleep is enough Layla. You should go get the sari I picked out for you from the dry cleaners. I called aishah to check on the henna lady” she continued scribing her list.

I widened my eyes in shock. “ummi I don’t want henna and I already picked out the sari I would be wearing” I grumbled.

I clapped my feet on the marble tiles. “This is just too much ummi. Do you want me out of your house so soon” I pouted.

“stop being dramatic Layla. Get prepared is all I ask of you. I didn’t include you in any other chores” she stood up instructing the maid to get the flowers.

“I know I know” I raised my hands up in surrender. “can I get just 30minutes sleep, At least you want me to prepare. You don’t want them to see bags under my eyes tomorrow. do you?” I smirked, folding my arms.

“ok! 30minutes it is. I would come with water if you don’t wake up in 30minutes” she said waving me off.

I walked half way from her, dragging myself in my Rapunzel pyjamas. “Water?” I placed my right hand over my mouth. “am sure you don’t want me to catch a flu tomorrow” I said laughing.

“just go Layla. Don’t get on my nerves” she said with a frown and waved me off again.

“ummi I am just kidding. I know how important this is to you. It is also important to me and I won’t ruin it for anything” I walked back to her and hugged her back tightly.

“Come off me” she tried to free herself from my hug hitting my arm. “you are getting married soon yet behaving like a toddler” she gasped freeing herself from the hug.

“yes I know. I am your toddler” I kissed her cheek and left for the stairs.

“30minutes Layla, you have just 30minutes” she screamed when I got out of her sight.

“no I have the whole day” I screamed back laughing.

I got into my room, shut the door with the lock. I sat slowly on the floor.
I am not happy with my life but I trust Allah. if this is to keep abbi from dying and to make ummi happy. I am ready for it.