chapter twenty

Layla's POV

I hang my hand on aliyah's shoulder and we walked back into the house. Zenith winked at me from the kitchen door and I blew a kiss towards her which she playfully caught.

"What's going on between you two?" Aliyah asked, dragging her feet to the veranda. She removed her long hijab. Aliyah uses the half kimar unlike me and Aishah, the state she stays in allows the free use of anything even the niqob. It's more comfortable practicing Islam where she is than here. Here it's like war everytime, Muslims are being harassed and spoken ill off. I get bullied sometimes in school but aishah was always there to sort things out.

I switched my thoughts. "What do you mean?" I asked her with curiosity.

We both sat on the arm chairs in the veranda, every fresh air from different parts of the state could reach you here in this place.

She rested her back, looking at me intensely like she was studying me. "The love is mutual now?" She asked, raising a brow.

I scoffed, resting my back properly too and facing my head to the clouds. "you are getting it wrong all over again, I love him yes I do, remember I had a crush on him and all that. It's still one sided so don't over think"

Liar liar

"Ok then" she eye me suspiciously. She knows I am going to spill when I want to.

I turned my head to her. "But I am going to tell you everything that's going on" I said, raising her anxiety.

Her eyes beamed. "I am all eyes, ears and whole body" she replied exited.

I laughed and started to tell her everything that happened from the beginning of the marriage, when he saw my hair, before the honeymoon, at Paris. I told her everything and she listened to me without interrupting me or stopping me, all she did was switch her facial expression.

She stood up when I stopped talking."layla do you want to hear the truth".

If it would hurt, don't say please.

"Yes" I replied softly. She held my hand indicating I stand, I stood beside her and we leaned forward on the concrete. The breeze rolled swiftly and kissed our clothes.

Aliyah is just a month older than I am but I can say and everyone bets she is wise and patience. She deals tactically with a lot of things but she never forgets to have fun. She refers mostly to Allah in all situations, I do too but she's a more practicing Muslim than I am.

She stretched her arm forward swaying it in the loud breeze. "Layla, sulayman is just like this air. It goes and come but you need it to breath"

I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

She stared back at me for a second and raised my hand into the air. "What do you feel?" She asked.

"Coolness of the air Allah has made" I replied sluggishly, I already lost the interest to talk about Sulayman. This moment my heart wants to stay far away from him and the next moment, I just want to be close to him.

She nodded and dropped my hand. "What do you feel now?"

"Restricted from the swaying air" I replied, shrugging my shoulder.

She nodded again. "That's it layla, you have to stretch your hand to receive the coolness of Sulayman. Dropping your hands would restrict you alot. But common, we all need air so you need him".

I still did not really understand but I didn't want her to continue any further explanation. Nobody can help me concerning this situation except Allah though, I just want to survive the remaining seven months and disappear from all this night mare.