chapter thirty-one

Layla’s POV

I had been feeling weird since we got back from Singapore but I thought it was my anxiety about coming back home that was hitting up on me but i had googled symptoms of early pregnancy and i exhibited all. Aishah helped me get a cheap pregnancy kit at the pharmacy down the street. I chewed on the lining of my lips nervously as we waited for the lines to show on the kit.

Aishah held it firmly when the firstly line appeared. My heart was racing and I have mixed feelings. I don’t know if I want it to be positive or not. Either of the results would make me sad. Yes I wanted kids with sulayman but I also don’t know if this is the right time.
No other line appeared on the kit after 10 minutes and I breathed a sigh of relief and dissapointment. Then I guess its just anxiousness that made me feel sick.

After spending time with aishah and going over to my house to spend time with my family too, I had to go home to sulayman because he needed me. The helps were going to be much around to take care of all his needs but he insisted I come home. Zain parked the car at the entrance of the mansion, I got down and walked into the entrance.
Asiyah and humayyah ran to meet me and I scolded them with my facial expression. I have told them calmly to stop treating me like a boss or something, they are even much older than me. They understood and smiled sheepishly at me. I handed them the packed fruits and flowers ummi placed in the car when I was leaving.

“Can you please put this flowers in a bottle” I handed them to asiyah.

“Yes maam” she replied running off, i shook my head again. Ummi instructed the flowers are medicinal and I should get them in a bottle of water and place it beside my bed stand, I even forgot what she called the name.

I opened the door to my room and removed my hijab. I have gotten used to sulayman having the rights to see my hair. I had a quick shower and changed to my Rapunzel top and shorts. I packed my hair in a bonnet and rested on the sofa closing my eyes. The door to my room opened but I didn’t open my eyes, I smiled because I know its sulayman.

The footstep increased towards me as I inhaled his cologne “I guess I was the only one missing you” he sounded hurt.

I push my eyes open and sat up properly. “I am really sorry. . . I don’t know whats making me unnecessarily tired and irritated.
He sat beside me and laid his hand straight on the sofa for me to rest my head. I looked into his eyes and he smiled at me. “Maybe you are pregnant ” he joked.

I was shocked on how he could have even guessed that then I closed my eyes, another wave of disappointment hitting me. “No I am not” I replied lowly.

“Relax. . .I was just teasing, you might be reacting to something you ate” he brightened his voice.

"Yea" i agreed.

We sat there for another hour gisting and talking about the random. I also told him about my pregnancy scare and how I had gotten a test kit to confirm. We prayed ishaa together and retired to bed.

*****
Sulayman and I slumped on bed with all tiredness. I was even more concerned about sulayman, he looks all stressed and tired. Aishah and ridwan’s nikkah was held today at the local masjid where I also did my nikkah and the reception was at a hall not far from our house.

Alhamdulilah I am so exicted about their union. Alhamdulilah for all the things happening in our lives now, I just hope and pray sulaymans operation gets successful at the end.

I kicked off my shoe and it flew close to the poor trolley at the end of the wall. My stomach twisted and my chest burned with irritation almost immediately. I stood up and ran to the bathroom to vomit the food irritating my chest. Sulayman walked swiftly after me and sprinkled some water on my face. I sat on the floor feeling very terrible. My nose was flaring and eyes were itching. My stomach churned up again and I vomited into the toilet. Sulayman pat my back steadily and stood up.