chapter seventeen

Layla's POV

I am not the kind of person who broods around over situations. Though, I am that kind of person who gets affected by words but Aishah was always there. She would make sure nothing bothers me, she spoilt me quite well.

I kept a secret from Aishah and I am so bothered, I didn't tell her Sulayman smokes and now I am fighting the urge not to tell her about yesterday's incident. It was quite my fault too.

All my life since I was 15, I always hoped I would get married to a prince charming who would rescue his princess but aishah just snaps her finger at me. I guess she quite understood life at such tender age but for me, I kept on building on my hopes to be rescued someday, until I got into college and was invited to see a ball game. His swiftness attracted me, I couldn't sleep that night and I kept buzzing Aishah to tell her about him.
I remember I made a rough sketch of his handsome face. I had never seen someone so perfect.

Now I know he is not perfect, he's got a sweet appearance but his attitude is nothing to write about.

I got in the bathroom for my ghusl, I felt a sharp pain on my wrist when I was making my wudoo.
"Ouch" I moaned lightly. I need medical attention before it gets worse. I ignored the pain again and focused on my wudoo. I wore my black abaya and wrapped a pink scarf over my head.

I stood in my solah and prayed with kushoo(concentration). After my teslim, I made Duas(prayer) for myself, for my family, for Aishah and everyone in the mansion except sulayman.

I think you should pray for him. He needs prayers more.

I sighed listening to my inner voice. I prayed for Sulayman though I didn't want to but I felt it was necessary he needed it most.

I stood up, folding my mat and walked out of the room, I am not scared to face sulayman anymore. I feel rebranded and strong.

It's 12 in the noon and only zenith and asiyah had come earlier to check on me. I descended the stairs gently and got into the dining hall. I met maids who stopped and bowed to me on my way. I am just a young girl for Allah's sake. one day, I would like to address them to treat me like a friend or perhaps their younger sister. They are quite older than I am.

I got into the dinning Hall and sat with my phone. "Lunch will be ready in forty minutes ma" a maid said.

I turned back to her. "It's fine, I will be outside" she bowed again and left. I stood up and got out of the house. I walked past the gardener's and cleaners and drivers, they all bowed to me stopping whatever they were doing till I passed.

I went to the drivers chamber. "Have you seen zain?" I asked one of the drivers. "Yes ma'am I am here" a voice echoed from a distance. He was running towards me from their shelter house. "Zain please walk with me" I said walking away and he followed suit. I stopped at a place where the maids could not hear us, I feel so concerned if he wasn't scolded yesterday by my actions.
I tried to lower my gaze. "I hope you didn't get punished because of me, I am deeply sorry".

"No ma'am, nothing like that" he bowed. I felt a bit relieved, at least sulayman took the pain out on me alone. "You can leave now, thank you" I said calmly watching him leave. I have asked zenith the same too and she said the same thing. I feel better I didn't cause any problems for the maids.

I walked down to the agro garden and sat on a wooden bench. I looked at the little plants that are beginning to sprout out their fruits. I deep a hand in my pocket and brought out my mini Quran.

I started to read surah Rahman. I read out loud with tajweed(perfection) since there was nobody around.
I continued reading as tears flowed from my eyes, I love this surah the most as it says "which of the favors of your Lord can you deny".