chapter eighteen

Layla's POV

I am confused in between trying to make myself and Sulayman work or try to stay strict till everything is over.

I rolled on my bed after having such discussions with omma, I feel like if I should decide on making us work then I have to watch myself break everytime, I have to keep tolerating all of his attitude.

Being patient is not something hard for me to do, I quite know how to be patient but what if my patience gets tired of being patient.

Ya Allah please help me!

I called for zenith and told her about my painful wrist. She quickly helped me treat it with some first aid kits. She also gave me painkillers to reduce the headache. I asked her about the text message that was sent to my brother and Aishah but she declined she wasn't the one.

I checked my face book account and was itching to stalk sulayman, I always did. Ever since the first ball game I saw in college and girls keep squeaking his nickname and talking so much about him and his generous dad. I have stalked him on Facebook. I was a secret admire. No doubt. I scrolled down his page checking for comments and his new uploaded pictures.

I saw our pictures when we went to the beach, the way he held my hands and how we laughed into the camera like we were deeply in love.

I read his caption: "Ever wondered why I never got a girl? It's because my heart was preparing me for the most beautiful and righteous girl  @hamid layla. Honeymoon at Paris😘😘

I scrolled down reading lots of beautiful comments on how cute and sweet we look together and as usual hateful comments from his fan girls.

I clicked out of the post and scrolled back up. A new post added. I clicked on it and was waiting for the image to load. I gasped looking at the image. I was sitting on a wooden bench holding a Quran.

His caption: "Have you ever gotten a special gift from God? He sent me an angel in a wife. #wife reading the holy book.

I stare down reading the caption over and over again.

Sulayman do you really love me as omma claimed?  No he doesn't, he's just sticking to the contract. He's trying to convince everyone and he has finally deceived omma

This is true, my brain is right. I think omma is deceived. He's just trying to deceive her more. He can never love me, he's just going to use me and dump me after the contract. I won't loose myself to be deceived too.

Layla you have to make a final decision now.

I dropped my phone and closed my eyes tightly. I truly have to make a decision. I have always made decisions but after hearing from omma I have to make a final decision.

It will be wrong to push this marriage to being real. It all started as a deceit and it has to end. I want travel to America to further my education and get married to someone that will truly love me.
*******

Two days after

Mr omar called me to his study room and we chatted about my trip to Paris. I told him everything I can and he looked well pleased. We talked about the random and he told me about his love life.

"My dear, when I sent a proposal to Fatima's family, she almost declined" he laughed. "She was a cry baby and wouldn't want to leave her family".

I laughed too. "She told me, she's scared of marrying a rich spoilt child like me but she had no choice because she loved me too".

"She was so outspoken and would say her mind out immediately. Sulayman took after her".

He continued talking about Sulayman's mum and I could see the crept of sadness in his voice. He must have missed her so much.