chapter sixteen

Layla's POV

"ridwan" aishah said, throwing herself on the bed.

I rolled my eyes walking back to the bed to sit beside her lying position.

I raised a brow. "what happened to ridwan?". This moment, zenith was just looking lost, she furrowed her eyes, having no idea of what's happening or why aishah mentioned my brother's name.

Aishah sat up, cupped her palm around her cheeks and started chuckling. I am getting frustrated with the silence and her strange attitude.

Aishah is the overly matured one and she never acts so childish. seeing her like this is the most strange thing that I lastly would think can happen to her, shes never a fantasy queen or the day dreaming princess.

Or maybe perhaps she never showed me that part of her.

"what happened?" I asked again but this time in annoyance. Zenith just kept on looking between us. "I saw him" she started, her voice sweet and slow. "I bumped into him and we just kind of stared into each other eyes for seconds" she demonstrated pointing two fingers at her eye and she squeaked doing a monkey fall on the bed.

I laughed sarcastically "so how did that stop you from bringing the chocolates?" I folded my arms, aishah kept on squeaking, she stood up dramatizing a scene from barbie's collection, where Barbie went to a ball dance.

Zenith must have understood what aishah is doing because she started laughing and watching aishah with acute interest. I stood up and dragged aishah.

I clenched my teeth. "stop it already aishah, don't ruin our night" I pulled on her hand when she started with the ballet dance.

"you gave me such chances to tell you I have a crush on your brother, sooo nothing is stopping me from displaying that now" she smiled widely, still jumping from one dance step to another. I face palmed myself, finally using all of my strength to stop her from dancing.

Zenith just kept on chuckling and I sent her a thin smile so as to make her still comfortable. I pulled aishah to the bed to sit. "are you drunk or something" I asked, gasping for air. This is really strange. If this is how aishah procures that she's in love then I don't want to see it.

She looked at me in the eye. "yes, drunk in love" she pulled me to sit. "You should have seen us doll. We stared at each other in the eye and it felt like the world was swaying away" she placed her head on my lap. Zenith cleared her throat and aishah sat up like a remoted robot. She looked at zenith and her cheeks flared.

"I love you girls really" zenith grinned, folding her legs and staring at us both.

I turned to her and winked. "I love us together" I stood up, grabbing a pillow and walking a bit from the bed. I threw the pillow at Aishah and a scarf at zentih, aishah stood up in defense throwing the pillow back at me while I went to hide beside the wooden ward robe, I wrapped a blue top and shoot it at zenith again, she immediately understood it was a game so we kept on rolling and throwing stuffs at each other.
*****

"don't delay the driver" bhaiya shouted from the living room.

I packed my last item in my bag and strapped it to my back.

"cominnnnng" I screamed back. Taking a last glimpse of my lovely room, I shut the door rushing down the stairs. The driver got here thirty minutes ago, zenith was prepared to leave and has been sitting in the living room but I just stayed in my room taking some things ummi forgot to include in my luggage when I got married. I packed my photo album, all my notebooks and handouts since I will be resuming school from sulayman's house.