chapter thirteen

"And be patient over what befalls you" surah 31vs17

Aishah’s P0V

“You don’t want to know how embarrassed and how embarrassed I still am doll” I was talking to Layla on the phone, after I had the embarrassing moment of my life the previous day.

I remained quiet throughout the remaining journey, never did I know about any proposal or abbi refusing someone for me.

I am glad abbi refused the proposal but the question coming from ridwan was the last thing I expected.

The question took me by shock and I just couldn’t be me. Come to think of it, why did he ask?

“Okay layla let’s forget about this” I said when she tried making me feel better about her brother not thinking I am some weirdo. “What time is your take off”.

“12 noon! Aishah, I don’t feel good about this, I don't even know what to wear" she sighed.

“Ofcourse you can’t feel good about it, that’s why you have to prepare for whatever might come your way” I said bluntly.

“You are making it worse, can you be nice please” she said, trying not to get upset.

“No doll! The truth must be slashed in sometimes, we both know its all pretense so you have to prepare for anything”

“Okay”

“What do you mean OKAY” I chuckled, I know she’s upset already.

Layla loves emotional words and according to her everyone should be nice, she wants the truth to be told to her softly. That I know, but I am just going to bang the truth to her right now. She needs to understand I won’t be there every time, at least I am not there now. She needs to know how to handle this cruel world.

“Why are you mute princess?” I asked, teasing her

No response.

“Layla okay I am sorry, but things like this will happen and you have to prepare for ….

“Just shut it, I understand” she hissed.

“Yeah, now you are getting my point, you can’t be soft all the time, sometimes you have to be strong if not you would be taken for granted. Now you’ve started the journey of your life alone, I am not there and I can’t help situations right now. How will you continue with sulayman if you are not strong?, if you are not strong he’s going to forfeit so many of the rules!.

“Yes ma’am” she cooed.i can imagine her rolling her eyes.

“How long are you staying in paris?”

“I don’t know really” she paused. “But I guess it’s as long as sulayman wants and absolutely before next month for resumption”. I have to go now.

“Ok bye doll, make sure you enjoy every moment to the fullest. Allah hafiz”

“Ameen”  then she hung up.

Abbi never tells me about proposals because he knows all my answers would be a clear no but right now I feel like he should have given me an insight about this particular proposal.

I wonder what ridwan would think of me, everytime I have met him or had the chance to be around him, something unusual happens.

Arrrrrrgggh, I pulled on my hair tying it in a messy bun. I need chocolates right now, my mood is messy enough and I need to cool off and not think about anything.

I opened my door and saw rahyan grinning widely in front of me. I am alone with my siblings today again.

Abbi and ummi went to the grocery stores and to also have a nice time together. This holiday is already horrible enough for me.