chapter twelve

Aishah’s POV

“We planned to meet up today doll” I calmed my voice in the best way I can.

“It’s impromptu, I wasn’t expecting it ok” she paused a bit and continued. “I will feed you the whole story later. I have to go now”
She ended the call and I just sat still, staring at the phone. My eyes hurt and If I don’t rub them, I am going to tear up. My plans just got ruined with a single call. My tears aint easily shed and I wonder why my heart aches so much. “audhubillahi minash shaytanir rajeem” I muttered.

Layla broke it to me that she would be going to paris for her honeymoon, I never ever thought that would come up. I already planned a fun filled day since she told me she would take permission to see me today. I miss my doll, I was going to the beach with her and have endless fun. I discussed it with abbi and ummi, anticipating to see my doll.

I got down to the kitchen after endless minutes of staring at the phone. I took a plain pancake that ummi fried. I shoved it in my mouth and escaped a spank when she caught me.

“Will you finish all this before the breakfast” she Shakes her head. “you didn’t have your bath yet” she took a glimpse at me and continued frying. “aint you going to the beach anymore”

“Ummi, too much questions, which should I answer first?” I sighed, taking another plain pancake.

“Anyone. spare those pancakes aishah!” she commanded.

“Layla is going to Paris for her honeymoon” I said bitterly, forcing the whole pancake in my mouth. “my plans are cancelled, she didn’t have any idea of my plans” I finished, with my mouth full.

 “my plans are cancelled, she didn’t have any idea of my plans” I finished, with my mouth full

“What part of the eating sunnah don’t you understand” she yelled. Don’t talk while eating” she frowned.
I took out a bottle of water from the veg refrigerator, gulping it down my throat as I was about to choke.

I squeezed my cheek dramatically “ummi be easy on me, I am your only daughter”

She nods her head, wrapping up the fried pancake and the other dishes. “help me with this. Will you?”

“Sure” I helped with the dishes and set the table for breakfast. I went up to call abbi, zaid and rahyan. We all said our adhkars and feasted on the dishes.

“Be back before 8 today aishah” abbi said, when he finished eating.

“It’s cancelled abbi, I will be home today” I stood up to pack the dishes.

“What about your plans with layla. W………”

“Ruined abbi” I cut his words. “It’s all ruined. Layla is going to paris for her honeymoon tomorrow so she needs time to pack up today” I moved the dishes to the kitchen. I placed a prepared tea jug and mugs in the tray, its time for tea. Only if they know how painful this is for me, they would just stop talking.