chapter fourteen

Layla’s POV

Two weeks in paris and life is unfolding beyond my expectations.

I had called ridwan on skype to inform abbi and ummi of the safe arrival. Ummi was so inquisitive about our journey and how well I am coping with my husband. I had fed her all the lies myself and aishah prepared. May Allah forgive us.

I called aishah too and she reminded me to explore the city if I am chanced, she sent me a guideline of places I could visit on my own without getting so bored or just to avoid any interference with sulayman. She’s definitely a sent angel.

I have my credit card clutched in my small leather purse meaning I can buy anything but I am not the spoilt brat, I want to acknowledge mr omar for giving me the card.

I just have plans to shop for aishah and deliyah and that’s because I want to stick to the contract to the end without interfering with their money.

Sulayman got a bit open. He would ask me often if I have eaten or what I would want to do. But, we have never spent the time together except when we had to go to the beach for some pictures to feed the hungry and suspicious reporters.

Our photograph got all over the internet earning me more haters and displeasing comments. I shrugged my shoulders not only because I am getting used to it but because I care no more. Nevertheless, I still have massive followers who help with sweet comments on how cute we both look together.

My followers on instagram increased and lots of requests on facebook. I guess this is all just the part I have to pull with for being a famous man’s wife.

It was the fifteenth day and I decided to stay home. I served myself a cup of chilled citrus juice, I am not a fan of coffee or tea.

Sulayman probably went out with some fan friends as we don’t get into each other’s business.

I walked back lazily to my appointed bedroom picking up my phone to call ridwan.

He picked after the second ring “Asalam alaykum beauty”.

“Walaykum salam” I smiled, my cheeks flushed. “I wonder what other words you have left to call your wife when I am everything”.

He chuckled. “I have tons of words, don’t dare me!  How is my yeoja doing?”

“I am fine, just that I miss you and I miss home the most” I pouted.

The truth be told, I love it here as sulayman doesn’t bother me at all but I miss home badly, I just wanna disappear and return back to the small reserved girl I was.

“Don’t do that Layla, we are here for you every time. Moreover you are married and you have to get used to the adjusted environment sooner”.

I will be divorced in 7month a strong wave of truth hit my head. Push it layla.

“okay” I cleared my voice. “akhu I have something to ask you” I said, diverting all my thoughts to the main purpose of my call.

“sure I know you won’t call for no reason. Okay, what’s up?”

I chuckled again.

now, not trying to sound desperate for a reply “it’s about Mariam” he sighed but I continued  “You didn’t give me a feedback about what happened, I need an insight ridwan”.

“Mariam is in the past Layla” he said after a pause, there was bitterness in his tone. “She’s engaged to her cousin faran so there’s nothing much about her except I got the news late”.