Chapter 23: It's you?

When the meal was finished, it was time to go to bed.

An Lian could feel himself drifting off sitting in his chair and Jian Chen noticed.

Jian Chen: "You're tired?"

An Lian snapped out of his dreamy state scratching the back of his head and replied, "Haha, um I always get tired after eating..."

Jian Chen: "Of course you do."

An Lian: "Huh?"

Jian Chen smiled to himself, "It's okay, you can head to the bedroom, I'm just going to clean up, I'll be there soon."

"Oh, no I can help you. I'm already intruding..." An Lian quickly said.

"I can take care of it, if you want, you can bring the plates to the kitchen. But I'll take care of things after that."

Jian Chen said in a way that left no room for argument. So An Lian did as he said and then went to the bedroom.

He sat down on the king-sized bed and thought to himself,

Wait... doesn't that mean we're sleeping together!? But but but...

An Lian had a realisation and started freaking out, because the first time they slept together in the same bed... embarrassing things happened ah...

But the bed is big this time... so we are not squeezed together.

An Lian hid under the thick blanket and shuffled over to the far side of the bed, making a small nest.

When Jian Chen entered, he saw a small bundle of blanket on one side of the bed with a ball of fluffy brown hair sticking out.

He quietly laughed to himself.

An Lian hearing noise stuck his head out, so now two large brown eyes and rosy cheeks joined the ball of hair.

An Lian looked at Jian Chen for a moment before casting his eyes elsewhere.

Jian Chen had just gotten out of the shower and was only wearing a towel.

He walked over to his dresser and put of some boxers.

He then made his way over to the bed and got under the blanket.

Jian Chen: "Why are you all the way over there?"

An Lian: "I like it over here."

Jian Chen: "Okay... Goodnight An Lian."

An Lian: "Goodnight..."

Despite the large gap, gradually, the two bodies got closer and closer during the night, and by the time it was morning, An Lian had ended up in Jian Chen's arms.

But An Lian wasn't aware of this, as Jian Chen woke up early to make breakfast.

When An Lian woke up, he was alone in the bed.

How did I get to the middle of the bed? Where's Jian Chen... already awake?

An Lian rubbed his eyes and walked out to the kitchen.

"An Lian, let's leave early, we have class today."

An Lian stared at Jian Chen's muscular back in a daze.

Woah...

"An Lian? Are you spacing out?" Jian Chen came over and ruffled An Lian's messy bed hair.

"Huh?" An Lian replied snapping out of it.

"Let's eat, change clothes and then we can go." Jian Chen said.