Bites Does Hurt Chapter 9 (He Left Me)

Micah's P.O.V

"I'm Mav Rogers."

The guy then extended his arms towards me. Preferebly, wanting to shake hands with me.

"Do I know you?" I asked, declining the hand shake. And it was really true, it was the first time I saw this guy. What makes him think I know him?

He might be a stalker though.

Those people give me the shivers.

"Yes and a No. You got skills for small girl you know?" He smiled

"Okay? Was that a complement or what?" Well that was rather awkward.

"A complement." He smiled "That guy you trip over there?" He pointed

"Yes?"

"That is Keannu Bite. Our group's brawler." He chuckled

I nodded.

"You're good." Keannu said, wiping his bloody nose.

"What happened to your face? Pooky." Mav teased

"Shut up." Keannu punched

"Lets get that eye fixed. Shall we?" Mav offered

"Sure." I replied

"Where is Evan by the way? I still have some orders to do." Keannu asked

"Left." Kim sobbed

"What do you mean left?"

"He shot me!" I pointed

"What do you mean shot?" Mav butted in

"He shot Kurt!" I reasoned

"He left me too." Kim frowned, broken hearted

"Lets talk about this when that wound is healed up. I will gather up the group." Mav ordered

"Follow me." Keannu frowned

"Okay." I nodded

After that awkward/emotional conversation. Me and Keannu walked all the way to their mini-hospital.

The whole trip was rather quiet. I see him holding his breath, which I assume that he tries to not cry.

I can't stand but laugh at the facial expression of the brawler. His breathing is now a little bit abnormal. He must have asthma.

I have no choice but to help this poor guy. Don't wanna see people suffering from that. It is very, very inhumane though.

"I reckon you and Evan are close?"

"Yeah we do. Its just hard, you know?"

"I feel your pain." I patted my hands on his shoulder, trying to calm him down atleast.

"Thanks." He smiled

After that, silence took place. We just walked. I was bored though. I wish Kurt was still here. Might as well it be Glen or even atleast Shane.

We arrived at the destination shortly after that conversation.

They had a nurse, her name was Jomer Mae. And it seemed that Keannu and Jomer had a relationship. They look cute. I can't help but giggle though.

My wound was patched up very quickly than I expected. I thought it was deep. Jomer explained that the bullet just passed by the skin. Making it very easy for her to clean and patch. Then I thanked her and wished for the best for the two lovers.

After biding Jomer goodbye, Keannu escorted me to their headquarters.

As far as I know, there were only 14 members in this group. Each had their own roles. This fascinates me, 'cause the end of the world is happening. And this? This group aimed for a better community.

Mav greeted me upon arrival at their command center. He then asked me what happened to Evan and my old group.

"So what happened?"

"I was with a group of students, former classmates I suppose."

Mav nodded.

"After escaping the school, we came across Evan and Kim."

"Then?"

"We thought he and she was dead! Glen, our other member of the gro-."

"Yea, I know him. Go on."

"Glen saw  Kim getting ripped alive, and he saw Evan tried to eat him. And I also discovered that Evan had a twin."

"Okay."

"Me and Kurt tried to help them, but he just shot me and Kurt and left us for the dead."

"Where was your old group at?" Mav raised an eyebrow

"Left us." I was now broken into tears, I forgot about that. I think Glen went back for us. He was wounded I know. Maybe that bastard Shane convinced Glen that we were dead? Oh she is gonna pay.

"Well that explains everything." Mav smiled. "Thank you for your cooperation."

"No problem." I sobbed

-----