Bites Does Hurt Chapter 13 (Footsteps)

Glen's P.O.V

Over the past few months, we just kept hiding, running and walking. We didn't stop, which makes us stronger. None of us died on the way though. We are just that lucky- for now. Good thing my back is now fixed. I really had to thank Francis for literally punching my back one day, my back bones snapped back afterwards.

Was he annoyed or mad at me? Sometimes I scream at pain, Erwin would silence me. How rude. Was I that gay? Well, only they can tell.

Then swelling started, but still I can now walk and I can even get to kill zombies on the way!

I miss this.

Well, for Ana, they have gotten real close and closer with Karl. I really do hate seeing them together. Makes me sometimes jealous.

Maybe I just need to be strong.

Good thing Shane is here with me.

As for the rest of the group, all I can say is just they have become very quiet and more alert. Making the trip very, very awkward. We seem to trust each other now. And that one is a good thing.

Now, all of us look to Erwin as our leader. He seem to decline though. But well! We forced him.

After the tragedy of Kurt and Micah, I was never the same. I didn't speak and talk.

But Shane changed me.

Now, I am more caring than before. I don't want anyone to die anymore.

After months of walking, we went through house to house and scavenge what we can find. We were lucky to find guns. And a lot of canned goods.

We came across a lot of people on the way, but then they all died, unfortunately. Either because they are traitors (which ran away with some of our supplies and never came back) or just they got eaten alive infront of us.

Well, the less people the faster and the less to be fed! How rude of me. I though I was caring? I love food by the way. But we ate rather a lot of junk foods, and we all know that it is very bad for the health.

All of us planned on looking for a big place. Something like a compound, or rather a walled off area. That would be safe!

We are now in the middle of a subdivision scavenge. There were a lot of infected on the way, but well they don't have brains or a way of thinking so they are easily desposed of.

Bodies and blood were everywhere and guess what?

No guns were set off.

Are we just that professionals? I know that this is not forever so might as well train ourselves.

We will never know what will happen next though.

Being prepared is the key for our survival so we like to keep it that way.

Walking around streets aimlessly is too boring for me. Occassionally being grabbed from behind spooked me. I even pee my pants because of that.

Well, so much for a secret.

"Glen! You're turn, you know what to do." Erwin ordered.

"Sure." I groaned, walking towards the windowless and bloody house, I held my axe tighter with my right hand.

I let my left hand knock the door outloud

Knock.

and waited.

"Guard the windows. They might jump from there." Karl suggested as he kept his eyes locked on one of the windows.

Time has passed.

Nothing. I can't hear a footstep or groan.

Well, time to open the door.

I signaled the group as I walked closer and lend my left hand on the knob.

I begin to sweat.

Am I this coward or not? I have to prove it to them.

I breathe deep and sighed.

Opening the door, I looked right and left.

Nothing, I only saw blood and turned over furnitures.

Walking forward, I noticed that the doors inside the houses were open.

Spotting a sofa on the corner, I sat. Completely ignoring Erwin's facepalm.

"I'll keep guard." I smiled

"Very well." Erwin replied

"Can I?" Shane asked excitedly

"Ugh, go ahead," Erwin frowned

"Yey!" Shane giggled as she ran and sat with me, leaning her head on my shoulders.

This is awkward.

Well, atleast I get to sit down with a Shane pillow. I watched as the group disappeared down the hallway.

I then heard a lot of doors being opened. Occassionaly, a body falling to the wooden floor above me.

I do get freaked out of that as I sometimes grabbed my gun from my holster and aim it.

Shane would just calm me down.

After a few minutes of silence and creakings of footsteps, the group returned.

"House is secured." Princess smiled as she excitedly jumped to a sofa next to mine.

"I wanna sleep." Angela mocked, sitting with Princess.

"Lets go Ana." Karl said, leading her to a room.

I rolled my eyes.

Well, atleast I have Shane.

"You keep watch Glen. Just wake me up if your shift is over." Erwin concluded as he fell at the other sofa, snoring.

"Well, that leaves you and me!" Shane giggled as she held me tighter

"I know." I smiled, resting my right arm over her.

"Now go to sleep Shane, we still have a mission to accomplish."

"Okay." She agreed, closing her eyes.

A few minutes after that, I played with my gun to keep myself occupied. I removed the bullets of course.

I hate how they all snore. They are very noisy.

Well, for me only.

I forced myself to be awake in th middle of the night.

As all of the sudden, I heard footsteps, heavy footsteps on top of building.

"Oh no." I panicked

-----