Bites Does Hurt Chapter 17 (Mistakenly)

Kurt's P.O.V

After that, pretty much what I call an eventful or should I say silent night, both of them woke me up just a few minutes after my initial sleep.

"Hi, Kurt." Alyssa smiled as she sat down infront of me.

"Hello" I replied gently, lying back and tried hard not to sleep again.

Seeing Kate walk by, she picked up her bag and digged in as the sun started to rise.

Witnessing this, I realized how beautiful the sun looked like. Smiling at myself, I stood up. Picking my bag, I signaled a 'lets go'.

Being with them was really pulled my first impression off. They seemed to be very caring to anything they see, especially Alyssa, well except zombies of course. They were very resourceful, smart and conservative by the way.

Well, I am starting to like this team. And we didn't even had resource and food problems, yet. Yes, they are good.

Are they on diet? Well, it seems like it.

After months of walking in the same town with them, we are pretty much like a team now. I learned a lot from them, from the beginning up to now.

I also did tell them about Micah.

One problem we did encounter though is that, we haven't seen an another live person at the time we spent walking around aimlessly. Well, there were no signs of Glen and Micah. Are they dead? I could only wish not though. Maybe I could see them.

Right now, we were planning to look for something worth valuable. Or atleast somewhere we can permanently live, so that we won't have to worry for the things that happen here. May it be a farm or something closed, I should say.

Walking around a quiet subdivision, we steathly climbed up the roofs.

Upon reaching the top almost instantly, dead bodies were on the streets on the far left side of the road. Scanning, I noticed that it was fresh and new.

Signaling my two friends at the sight, I crouched.

As if on cue a door opened and closed, which seemed loud, and footsteps were all over.

Peeking through, I saw guns and bags.

"Do you think their safe?" Alyssa asked

"I don't know." I confessed

Moving on and looking at the other side, I saw bodies being thrown out of the windows by mysterious figures covered by thick clothings.

"Well, we will find it out later." Kate answered

"How about, we scout ahead?" I suggested

"Good Idea." They both agreed.

Waiting for the sun to descend, we kept on looking through.

As the time came, we moved forward. Through the roofs.

And well, our bags were very heavy so we can't help but leave heavy footsteps behind. Or we could've just our things behind. Oh nah!

I wish they don't hear us. Or am I just that dumb?

Nearing that house, a loud noise came by and it sounds like an object falling with shattering glasses after.

Then we stopped,

we are detected.

Following that, streams of fighting and screaming emerged below and stopped just seconds after the initial.

"Kate, Alyssa. I think we should go down." I whispered

The two nodded.

Dropping down by the side stealthly, I grabbed a gun from my backpack and then unlocked its safety.

Looking back, the two were still there. Suprisingly they were quiet and there were no signs of zombies nearby.

Well, that is always good.

Moving on to a windows just a few steps infront of me, I peeked through.

I saw a lot of people bounded together.

Aiming my gun at the figures in defence, well incase of emergency, I looked at them. Adjusting my eyes and position for a better view.

And then suddenly, a girl spotted me and was going to shout, instinctively I shot at her.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I panicked and ran.

"Princess!" a male voice shouted from the inside.

I stopped, turning around I can see Alyssa and Kate catching up.

"What's the holdup?" Kate asked, panting

"I know that voice." I opened my eyes wider in shock and realization.

-----