Bites Does Hurt Chapter 20 (Injured Unity)

Kurt's P.O.V

"Alyssa! Kate! Come here!" I whispered, signaling them to come back as they ran at full speed.

"Yea? Something wrong?" Kate replied, stopped and crouched, and then went towards me. Same goes for Alyssa.

"We need to get out of here. Time is of the essence you know." Alyssa said, confused and sweating

"No, we need to go back." I ordered, holstering my gun

"And why is that?" Kate raised an eyebrow

"The one that shouted, that voice is too familiar for me. It might be someone I know." I planned out

"Do you think that they'll listen to you? After shooting one of them? Do you even know what they will do to you? Huh? Start to think dumbass." Kate grudge me, showing dominance.

"Yea, you might know them, but please people change. Me and Kate, we even left a lot of people before, even our parents cause they changed, we didn't want that. It was only you that we followed, cause yu didn't change. Mind that." Alyssa chuckled, then again holstering her bladed weapon.

"What does it take to change your minds? Huh? Try to trust me." I pleaded sincerely

"What the heck, we still got all the time though. We're still gonna die anyways, so I'm all up for this." Alyssa mocked, throwing her hands up in the air

"Ugh, whats the plan?" Kate complained, showing a strong feeling of defeat

"Easy, we are just gonna go straight at their door. With our hands up of course." I winked

"Don't do that, okay?" Alyssa's eye twitched involuntarily "That was really disturbing."

"Lets go." I ordered, rubbing my arms nervously

"You better be right." Kate punched my shoulder

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes

Walking back to that house, I start to act differently. My hands we're cold. What should I do? What should I say? I do feel this kind of awkwardness before.

Not so long, the sounds of the incoming infected are coming. The sound seem to come from all direction, but who cares? We're monkeys anyway, we can escape faster than anyone else.

Nearing the door, I stopped.

"It doesn't feel right." I froze

"What'cha think?" Alyssa replied sarcastically

"How 'bout that side door over there?" Kate suggested, pointing the door at the side.

"Good idea." I agreed

Steathily walking to reach that door, I feel my soul leave. I felt something weird, like something bad is gonna happen. Well, it's just a feeling.

"You ready?" Alyssa asked, as she grasped a steady over the door knob.

"Lets get this over with." I concluded

"In five, four, three, two."

The door opened widely, revealing the messy room.

"Okay lets split up, you and Alyssa go there." pointing the hallway "And I go through that area."

"Much obliged." Kate whispered

After that conversation, we separated and we did our roles evenly.

Sneaking through the hallway, there were a lot of turned over furniture and a pool of blood on the floor.

Looking at my left, I remembered that window. I guess, he or she didn't survive after all. I'm sorry.

Okay then, continuing my scan, the whole area was clear. Where are they?

And thats when I heard

"Let go of her!"

It was Kate's voice, not spending another second, I bolted to find that voice.

"You win." Another voice echoes through,

Glen, is that you? I kept thinking all over, as my sense of direction quickly faded out. Remembering how my love was shot.

A loud thud followed, I know that it was a body.

"Do you know that I can kill you now?"

Dammit Kate. I wanted to scream, but my throat was like being blocked by a truck. I can't speak. My heart was pounding harder and harder.

"I dunno." That voice again

"Look at me." Kate ordered

Why do things have to be this hard!

After running fast, I found Kate pointing her gun at a guy.

It was Glen. My heart was relieved at the sight. I was very happy. I've never felt this before. And my only goal right now is to stop Kate. Where is Alyssa by the way? Nah, who cares.

Then, a bladed weapon went through his stomach cleanly.

A loud thud followed.

"Ana?" Glen whispered.

No, no no no! I thought out loud.

Seeing Alyssa at Glen's back, I saw her smile, like everything was like a joke! She was proud! That midget is gonna pay!

"What the! What have you done Alyssa?" I cried

-----