Bites Does Hurt Chapter 14 (Memories)

Kurt's P.O.V

Seeing the two childish girls, I really changed my mind. I mean literally, they are like cats or ninjas! Me? I ain't even that fast enough.

I could use that to my personal advantage.

Well, I still do have to get outta here. And I didn't even know that they were shouting at me.

I was just staring the whole time. Until, I snapped out and focused. Looking everywhere, good thing the zombies were on the girls and not on me.

But still, time was of the essence. I bolted through the horde, occassionally pushing zombies on the way or stabbing them in the head if it was agro at me, as I planned on how I am gonna climb up there.

Circling the house, I found a ladder tied on the wall.

Well, that explains everything. How come I haven't thought of this. Well, atleast I have my answers.

How dumb of me? I thought as I slappped myself repeatedly.

When I reached the ladder I climbed faster than I thought. My fear of heights struck me again. But I must not fall. My hands begin to shake and my breathing started to be different. Am I asthmatic, last time I checked the doctor said I wasn't? That would be a very big problem if I am though.

As I neared the roof, Kate lended her right hand. I smiled, pulling myself up with her assistance.

I immediately fell on the roof, I breathe harder than usual and I began to shake.

"Heights?" Kate asked, annoyed at my fearful face.

"Yea." I nodded, trying to calm myself.

"How come you are not scared of them?" Alyssa poked, investigating the blood stains on my clothes.

"I don't know." I smiled, trying to calm her down, forcing myself to sit up straight and not embarass myself infront of these two girls.

A few minutes after that, awkwardness and silence hit the air. Everyone was quite, especially me. All we can hear right now is the load groans, poundings and crackings below us.

Much to my relaxation, at this point of our sticky situation, Alyssa finally calmed down, my breathing is now okay and guess what?

I just discovered that in this kind of problems, Kate was three times a man than me. She is like a rock in here. Unless of course, she acts like a cat who just got washed by a pail of water, when she is infront of a zombie.

Now, I hearby conclude that I am the man here overall. Just because I ain't scared of zombies.

"So how do we get out of here?" Kate sighed as she paced around the roof.

"We are out of ammo." Alyssa added.

By the way, Alyssa is one of kind. Like a sniper. She's accurate and deadly. I could also use that.

"That's okay." I replied "We'll find some later."

Smiling, I lie down at the hot roof. Sighing, I closed my eyes and my tummy rumbled.

"Ugh." I complained, opening my bag I picked a canned food and a knife.

Yes, a kitchen knife. I know it's kinda small. Well, kinda. It always slip! Annoying!

"Ugh!" I complained, trying to change my tactics, then I started stabbing the forsaken canned good.

But, to no avail, it didn't even make a dent! Smashing down the canned good at the roof, I lied down again. Closing my eyes in defeat.

"Need some help?" Kate offered

"Be my guest."

Kate nodded, she picked up the knife and the can and sat down.

Moment of relaxation and hunger. Ugh, I hate this feeling.

As the sun's rays burned my skin, I planned on not having skin cancer by the way, I enjoyed it. Now I can have my tan again. Being white is different by the way.

People seemed to ignore me all the time before this thing started. I am only noticed when they needed something or materials like in projects and assignments.

I'm known to be an asset or just a person you can order, and that stayed in my life until I met Glen.

Glen is different than I thought he would be. He is just like me though. But he had something in him that made him unique. I know everyone is unique. Being with him changed me. He taught me a lot of things that I now use in my life and make it more colorful than dull.

And that was when I considered him a bestfriend, first bestfriend.

Two years after that, I met Micah. And that was the first heartbeat I felt throughout my whole life. I didn't expect this. I felt that, when I first laid my eyes on her eyes. Those sky blue eyes sparkled before me, and she was looking at me at that very moment. Awkward.

She was perfect.

I smiled, like an idiot dreaming about something,

Memories.

And I also remembered when Glen first met Ana, coincidently also on that same day too. We were like total idiots back then. Ana's furious bright red eyes, but lovely and warm heart caught Glen unexpectedly. He was also sweating like me.

And we were like statues there.

I will never forget this. Ever.

Opening my eyes, it was dark and the moon was high up. Wait, was I asleep? Damn.

Looking at the back I saw the two girls sleeping together. They are like teddy bears hugging though. Cute. I smiled.

Looking at my side, I saw the canned good and the knife beside it.

And it was covered and cleaned.

I remembered the zombies below, shocked, the area was silent. No groans, scratches and poundings.

Opening the covered canned good, I started eating.

What a day.

-----

Kinda long. Do you want it this way? Just comment. :)