Bites Does Hurt Chapter 15 (The Heart)

Micah's P.O.V

Hastily, opening my backpack, I grabbed my binoculars and strapped it on my sweaty shoulder.

Hearing that noise of distress from the streets afar, literally palpitating my heart like insane. And I began to breathe differently.

And yes, I kinda have/had heart problems. Kinda. Only a little bit or lesser though. I'm not sure.

I don't even know why I felt this. Having this kind of situation seemed even normal to me. The past few weeks, we encountered something like this. The bad news is that, we were always late, thus, making our front lawn a giant bloody stinky graveyard with a lot of decomposing carcasses lying on it.

And the worst part is not that I felt bad about those who died but because there were a freaking ton of flies!

Sometimes, they even go inside my nose! How disrespectful. Mav would just laugh at me.

I know how decomposing works though but I didn't include the flies. As far as I like it. I hate them.

All of the sudden, Mav bolted out the room grabbing my gun and slamming the door open in the process.

I ran to a window and unstrapped my binoculars.

Sweat starts to engulf my sky blue eyes, dropping my binoculars in the process. Dang, I hate that burning sensation after effect. I began rubbing my eyes instinctively trying to ease the pain as my heart pounded heavier than before.

Why am I feeling this? Weird, very weird.

Dropping down on my knees, I picked up the fallen binocular by the floor as I stood up and wipped the sweatful glass.

Why am I panicking? I know something is wrong. I do feel this everytime something bad happened to a close friend or family.

What if?

Beginning to clear my thoughts, I looked around the surroundings, trying to remember where I heard the shoutings.

As I saw movements through the streets, I saw two girls bolting and was being chased by nine infected.

One seemed to look familiar.

I know I'm not crazy! Now, I have the proof.

Trying to remember her name, I instantly recalled.

My sister, Trisha Mixture.

I ran through the door, ignoring the fall of my binocular and my items back.

I didn't care for anything else, I must save her.

After a few minutes of running through the mansion, I passed some of our group members, which seemed to be on high alert and grabbing their own weapons.

Seeing Keannu on the way, he blocked me as he handed me a gun.

"Please, it is for your own safety." He ordered as he bolted out from my front.

Accepting the gun, I ran again as I finally reached the door. I opened it violently, continuing my run.

Noises and groans louded as I neared the gate.

Seeing through the metal barricade, I saw my sister and her friend.

I began shooting at the unnormal figures.

BANG!

As each shot passed by, more bodies fell, many more came. But atleast they were a few meters closer to the metal gate.

As trisha neared the gate, a look of disbelief, shock and relief appeared on her face.

"Micah?" She hesitated as she held the metal pipe of the reinforced gate.

"Trisha!" The other girl shouted as she pounded an infected on the face with a metal pipe.

I unblocked the gate with all my weight.

Barely noticing, I found it hard to breathe as my heart pounded very, very hard.

Then I fell onto the cemented ground.

-----