02

Chapter 02 : The Accidental Meet.

***

||Aarohi||

Life is so unpredictable. We can't guarantee that if tonight we are sleeping that means we will definitely wake up tomorrow. We don't know which moment of our life is the last.

One week, it has been seven days since Raj has given me the time limit. Time limit to go under the surgery and if not then the time limit about the days I have left. I know I'm hurting mom, dad and my friends by not going under the surgery but it's the last thing I wanna do.

"So what did the doctor say?" Mannie, my best friend asked as she sat beside me on the lonely Juhu beach. It was two am and we both were alone on the beach, throwing stones and talking.

"I have one month for surgery or else around two months to live." I tell her as I watch the waves coming and go.

She placed her hand on my shoulder. "So bitch what are you waiting for?" she said in her usual high tone.

I closed my ears with my fingers and said,"Chill man! I told you na I don't wanna do the surgery!" She rolled her eyes and asked,"And how many times I've asked you; why?"

I ignore her question and remove a diary from my bag, it was my wishlist. She looked at the diary and asked,"This is the wishlist?" I nodded and she smiled. She took the diary in her hands and asked,"So when are we starting to complete it?"

I shook my head as a no and snatched it away from her. I said,"Look, in my 17 years of life, I've had great parents and great friends. Now just one thing is left, it's finding true love. So I want to find it before I die."

She raised her eyebrow in confusion. I laugh and say,"I mean I wanna complete these wishes with someone who is special to me, in a different way. Understood?" She made an 'ohh' sound before saying,"Samjha! So you want me to call Rohan?"

She earned the worst expression of mine and laughed, she knows how much I hate that guy. I said,"Usse acha me wishes complete karne se pehele hi marr jaau!" Rohan was the worst guy of our college, he always keeps trying on different girls yet hasn't made any girlfriend till now.

She hugged me and kissed my cat Bella. Bidding bye she left because she is grounded yet came because I called her. I can't get any better best friend, she does so much for me. From giving me medicines on time till taking me to the doctor, every thing she handles. She doesn't show it but I know she'll miss me so much when I'm gone.

All these thoughts were running in my head when Bella ran out of my lap and towards the road. I ran behind her carefully so that no one hits me or Bella. She's already very sick, she can't bear anymore pain. I caught her and turned around to cross the road when suddenly a car hit us both. Bella fell from my hands and hit the tire while I fell backwards on my hand, I could feel a strong pain rising in my hand.

I crawled towards Bella and took her in my hands, she was bleeding badly. I could feel the people coming out of the car and standing behind me.

||Shubman||

Never in my life I've felt this angry, shocked, sad or confused. Heck, I'm even confused in what I'm feeling right now. I've always heard from many of my friends that their partner cheated on them but never imagined my best friend, my girlfriend, my love would do that to me. She was my best friend since forever and still she went to such an extent of disrespecting me and our friendship.

"I really like Shubman but I love you Kabir. I'm with him only because he's my best friend from long time now and I don't wanna hurt him. Plus he's growing famous and rich, I can't miss out on him! Try to understand I'll break up soon, promise!" her exact words were still repeating in my head.

I called few of my friends Abhishek, Manjot and Prithvi on a long drive to Lonavala, I needed to get away from a place surrounded by fake people and enjoy a vacation. They all agreed instantly as they knew what I was going through. Picking all of them from Prithvi's home we started driving to Lonavala.

It was 2 in the night and since almost everyone would be at their home right now, I drove as I wanted, not caring about anything or anyone. Abhay who was sitting in the front seat beside me said,"Oye Shubh, we've to reach Lonavala, not hospital!" I looked at him with a blank face and said,"I know!"

Manjot who was sitting behind me said,"Bro stop the car, I'll drive!" I shaked my head at him and continued driving. My phone rang but I ignored it. However when it ranged for the third time Abhay couldn't stop himself from looking at the caller ID.

He looked at me and asked,"Someone named Suhana is calling you." Still not moving my eyes from the empty road I say,"Let it be. I'll call her back later." He nodded and kept the phone, but just then it started ringing once again. He looked and this time smirked along with saying,"It's some Priya calling now. Want me to pick up?"

I finally looked at him and said,"Put it on speaker and you guys don't speak anything!" They all nodded and Abhay picked it up, keeping it on speaker. Instantly she spoke in the sweet voice of her,"Why aren't you replying or returning my calls? Is everything okay baby?" I harshly say,"Everything is fine except you calling me as if you're my girlfriend! I told you it was just a one time thing, so don't call me ever again."

Abhay asked me through a whisper,"Should I end it?" I nodded and he hanged up. Prithvi asked,"What was this?" I shrugged and said,"What was what?" Manjot asked,"Since when did you started having one night stands huh?" I didn't say anything. Abhay asked,"So you had one night stand with that Suhana girl too?" I nodded.

Manjot asked me,"Total how many times you have got laid in the past one week?" I reply simply,"Around 3-4 I guess." Before they could ask anymore questions I looked behind for a fine second searching for the box of drinks when all of them shouted together,"Shubman!" My eyes fell in the front and I stopped the car in a hurry but still it touched a girl who was running in the middle of the road like a maniac.

Great!

______

Vote and comment lovelies💕
Let me know if u find any mistakes!