05

Chapter 05 : I don't need your sympathy!

***

||Aarohi||

Three days since Bella is dead.

Three days since I'm lying to Mannie, mom and dad about her death. They think that she's dead because of her sickness.

Three days since Abhishek, Manjot and Prithvi are following me from their personal accounts. Yay! Not really.

Three days since I'm thinking about the reason behind Shubman's sorry.

Flashback

"I'm sorry"

I was very much familiar with these words. Whomever comes to know about my cancer all they say is 'I'm sorry'. I'm tired of it, I know I'm a cancer patient and I don't need a reminder every other minute.

Nevertheless I asked,"For?"

Still not looking at me he said,"Everything. From treating you badly till hurting you, I'm sorry."

Wait, no cancer word, no cancer thing? Maybe he still doesn't know about it. I'm thinking way too hard nowadays, these 'nowadays' however started only a few hours ago.

End of flashback

Mom came in my room while I was scrolling through Shubman's instagram. At the second I heard her footstep I locked the screen. She smirked and asked,"Who is he?!"

I give her a confused expression and ask,"Who?" She rolled her eyes and said,"The guy whom you were stalking!"

Stalking and me?

"Oh come on mom! I wasn't stalking Shubman!" I say instantly without thinking twice. Shit, that's why she's my mom. They know how to get things out of your mouth, and my mom, she's an expert at it!

She raised her eyebrows and asked teasingly,"Shubham?" I laugh and say,"It's Shubman maa!" Her eyes lit up and she asked,"Shubman Gill, the cricketor?" The size of my eyes widen in surprise,"Wow. Since when did you started watching cricket?"

She came and sat beside me and excitedly said,"Woh sab chod, mujhe uska profile dikha. Me bhi dekhu meri beti ke liye kaisa he!" I laugh and say,"Maa, it's instagram. Not any shaadi.com!" She hit my forehead slightly and said,"Kitna timepass karti he, show me his pictures na."

I shaked my head at her childish behavior and tried too hard to control when she commented 'cute', 'hot', 'swag' I ask her,"Wait a second, where did you learn that word?"

She flipped her hair and said,"It's trending and as you know I'm so cool that I need to keep up with fashion and trends!" Before I could even reply she started her stalking mission once again. She looked at his photos with all the pleasure in her eyes. She said,"I wish he was my age, I wouldn't have had to marry your dad!"

Okay, bad timing!

"Mom, would you please turn around?" I told her and she did.

Dad stood right at the door, leaning completely on it. He raised his eyebrow and asked,"What did you say?" She spoke like a kid who gets caught red handed while copying,"I was just joking honey!" He shrugged and said,"I don't know if you're lying or not, but you can definitely make it up by taking me out today and then we can have some fun, right Aarohi?" he winked and I closed my eyes in embarrassment.