17

Chapter 17

***

||Aarohi||

"Woah what are you doing here?" Abhay asked me when he saw that I came along with Shubman to his cricket practice.

I shrug,"I was bored so thought why not join you guys"

"It's 5 in the morning" he said with disbelief in his voice.

I raised my eyebrows asking him to explain further. "You aren't an early riser from what I've heard" he explained.

Ah. Yes, I'm not at all an early riser. Yesterday when Shubman opened up to me I couldn't just leave it at that. I knew I had to support him and help him. I had to show him that not all people are same, some truly stay by our sides. So despite hating waking up early, I did. And here I am.

They both started practicing soon. Abhay first did batting along with explaining few mistakes that Shubman was doing again and again yesterday. After a while Abhay gave the bat to Shubman and went on the other side. Shubman looked at me and then closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

Even though the practice wasn't the best, it was still better than before. No he didn't hit all the shots, he just defended or blocked majority of them however his techniques and natural skills to some extent seem to return.

After an hour or so they both walked out of the nets and sat beside me, chugging their water bottles down.

"What the fuck Aarohi!" came Mannie's voice from behind us. We all turned around and there she was standing with Manjot Kalra. We got up and they walked towards us.

"What happened?" Shubman asked instead of me.

She showed her phone which was connected with the watch on my hand which was further connected with my heart. It measured my heartbeat at all times and the same was connected with her, mom and dad's phone. It helped them keep an eye on my health whenever I was alone anywhere.

That's when I noticed that when I was watching Shubman practice, my heart was beating fast. It might be due to the anxiousness. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize." I said with guilt in my eyes.

She hugged me and said,"Don't say sorry, I just got worried since you didn't even pick up your phone"

I hugged back tightly and said,"Ya I was engrossed in Shubman's practice."

We both pulled back and then she hugged Abhay wishing him a good morning. Manjot came forward to hug me when Shubman pulled me back and hugged Manjot instead. I and Manjot both watched him with confusion but then Mandy broke into a small laugh and surrendered his hands up, taking a step back.

Huh? What did they just do?

Abhay broke the awkward silence saying,"Anyways since we all are here and I'm pretty sure none of us had breakfast, let's do that?"

We all agreed and went to a nearby cafe which was the only one seem to be open, it was still quite early in the morning. Since it was a weekday and early morning there weren't any people other than us in the cafe. It was quite and nice. We ordered our breakfast and waited for it to arrive.