15

Chapter 15 : Let's talk about you

***
||Aarohi||

"I missed you" Abhi said while kissing Mannie. I looked away as it was 7 in the morning and I didn't even had any breakfast yet, I was in no mood of watching any romance this early in the morning.

Mannie chuckled and said,"It's not even been 12 hours since we met last!"

He hugged her tightly and smiled saying,"So what? I still missed you!"

Mannie thought it would be a great surprise if she came at their net practice. Even if we slept very late last night, she still looked fresh, I wonder how.

"Stop we're making Aarohi uncomfortable!" I heard Mannie say and that's when I think Abhi noticed me standing there beside them. Lovebirds ya!

He hugged me and thanked me for last night. I brushed it off saying it was my duty to fulfill my best friends first ideal date wishes. We were still talking when Shubman walked in, earning all of our attention. He smiled and walked towards us.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me.

I gave him the cup of coffee saying,"Just wanted to drop by to give you this. It's your favorite."

Abhi coughed and Mannie smirked so I added,"And of course Mannie couldn't stay away from her boyfriend for too long!" He looked at them and raised his eyebrow asking,"Boyfriend? Dude you didn't even tell me!"

"You were asleep when I came!" Abhi said hugging Mannie from the behind.

I and Shubman both rolled our eyes at the same time. "Anyways let's get going, they have to practice!" I said pulling Mannie away from him. Just when we reached the door, Mannie suddenly pulled me aside.

Confusingly I asked,"What are you doing?"

She whispered,"Shh! Let's watch them practice, it'll be fun!"

"Then why are we hiding?" I ask her still confused.

"Because that way it will be more fun!" she said as if it was the most obvious thing.

I rolled my eyes at her stupid idea, but before I could reply or say anything we heard them start their practice. Abhi started bowling and Shubman started batting, however his batting was not at all how we expected it to be. He was missing every single shot.

Abhi came and said something to him, he just nodded and they started the practice again. After trying for few more shots he threw the bat away in frustration and left from there. Abhi sighed but still followed him outside.

I and Mannie were shocked but still managed to get out of there quietly and quickly, without anyone letting know about our presence. On our way back Mannie said,"I knew he was out of form these days but this was much worse that that!"

I just nodded, not knowing what to say. He was one of the most important person in the U-19 world cup winning team. What happened to that Shubman Gill?

**

Evening arrived and I heard my doorbell ring. Mom and dad weren't home so I went to open the door. Shubman was on the other side with a bright smile on his face. Of course he's faking it, after what happened this morning.

I welcomed him in. He brought in some bags and went to the kitchen. I followed him and asked what was in them. "We're going to bake some cookies!" he said while emptying the bags.

"I don't know how to-" I start to say when he cuts me off,"Ya I know you've never cooked anything before, come let's bake these together."

He gently pulled me towards him and after explaining some important parts we started making the batter. Suddenly while mixing the batter I remembered that I had never written any such wish.

I ask him,"Shubman I never wrote this wish, then why?"

Still mixing the batter he said with a smile,"It's not your wish, it's mine." My heart melted at that. Earlier it used to seem as if I'm just using him, but him saying that this was his wish means we are doing this for each other. It felt good to hear that.

After pouring the batter on its tray, we slid it into the oven. Setting the time we made our way to the drawing room.

Whenever we go out, all we talk about is me. Neither does he ever mention anything about himself, nor do I ask. Till now I thought that I didn't wanna make him uncomfortable, but now it feels like it's an important thing. Something is definitely troubling him and he needs to speak up about it.

"Shubman about earlier this morning" I start to say but suddenly find myself at loss of words. I just couldn't form a perfect sentence since his cricket seems very personal to him. I also remember how we had first met each other and he had warned me not to talk about his cricket, ever.

He tried to complete my sentence,"About Abhi and Mannie? Yeah I'm glad he finally confessed. They look good and I'm happy for them. Atleast he has someone who really likes only him."

Ouch. His ex girlfriend really left a huge scar in his heart and I completely understand why. He loved her truly for so many years and all she gave him back was heartbreak and lies.

Not getting off the point I say,"No not that." He raised his eyebrow but before I could ask we heard the ding sound of the oven indicating that the cookies were done. He went to the kitchen and loudly said,"Aarohi come here, you wouldn't wanna miss this smell"

I went to kitchen and immediately after entering I couldn't stop myself from saying,"Let's talk about you Shubman."

He looked at me and said,"What about me?"

"About you and your cricket. I saw your practice this morning." I said and immediately his facial expression changed. His eyes became dark once again, something that I hadn't seen these past few days.

_________

Lmao at this point I'm literally naming the chapters whatever comes to my mind first. 😂

Do you'll still like the book? Please comment either yes or no or whatever you want to. ❤️

Vote ✨