10

Chapter 10 : Scared to live

***

||Aarohi||

All the decorations were done. It wasn't a big party or anything, it was at Prithvi's guest house where he had already texted Shubman to come. Now all I hope is for him to come. Only his close friends were invited which included Abhishek, Mandy, Kamlesh, Prithvi and Shivam. All were negative about tonight, while on the other hand I was quite excited about it.

Mannie told me that Shubman was gonna open my diary last night, I didn't have much problem with that because Shubman already thinks that I'm crazy so no worries. However I still wonder that why didn't he mention anything about it this morning.

Abhay sat on the couch exhausted and said,"Yaar Aarohi we've put so much efforts for you, but when Shubh comes here I'm telling you that it's gonna go all in vain!" Prithvi sat beside him and agreed,"Exactly, I don't know what makes you so confident about him?"

I just shrugged not having time to reply back since Shivam ran inside and wispered-yelled that,"He's here. I can't believe he actually came. Anyways, switch off the lights dickhead!" Mandy switched them off in a hurry, having left one light on by mistake. The luck I have, it was above me.

Shubman walked inside and I went to hide behind the couch when he said,"Aarohi?" I stopped in my tracks and turned around slowly, not knowing what to say. Prithvi had told him that it was a boy's night-out. I ask politely,"Yes?" He walked towards me and asked,"What are you doing over here? And why are the lights off?"

As planned, Mandy switched on the lights but only Mannie shouted,"Happy Birthday!" Shubman's eyes glared at Mannie before holding Prithvi's collar and with gritted teeth he said,"What the fuck is all this!" I tried loosening his hold,"Shubman are you mad? Leave him! It was all my idea ok?"

Suddenly he pushed Prithvi aside and walked out. I won't let him walk away this time that easily, what does he even think of himself? Creating a scene and then walking off!

I followed him outside and hold his wrist in order to stop him from driving off, but instead he pushed me causing me to fall back. I fell on the hard ground and instantly felt my elbow burning. It must be bleeding. He quickly crouched down and started blowing some air on it. While doing so he said still not looking at me,"People who stay around me, end up getting hurt. That's why you should also maintain your distance with me."

"You're right! People do end up getting hurt." I said and looked at him as hurt was clearly flashed on his face. Before he could leave I finished,"But not because they are near you, it's because they leave you in the middle of nowhere and that makes you hurt them. It's not you, it's them!"

He sat comfortably beside me and I didn't care about where we were sitting because nothing else mattered at that moment except him. "No Aarohi, it's not them. It's me and completely me. I make them leave me, because I'm not someone who is perfect. People want perfect all the time, don't they?"

I smile slightly and say,"No one is perfect Shubman, literally no one. Not even Virat Kohli, I mean like yes he seems perfect but there would be something that's imperfect. People are selfish and that's why they always desire for selfish things despite of them themselves being imperfect."

"Ya and that's what I am, selfish. I was selfish for success, for love, for everything. And now all I am is a coward. If people don't even want to leave me, I force them to leave me. You know why? Because I'm scared. I'm scared from living with anyone." he said on the verge of crying.

I hug him and whisper slowly,"And I'm afraid to die. I am afraid to lose everyone so soon. So according to what you said, it means that I'm selfish and coward too, right?" I try pulling back but instead he wraps his arms around me more tightly. I don't move, but stay like that.

He kissed my hair and said,"Why are you like this? I wanna kill you and hug you at the same time! Why the fuck are you so confusing lady!" I laugh and ask,"You opened my diary?" He instantly pulled back and rambled,"No, I mean yes. But I swear I haven't read anything other than the warning page. I was going to but then Mannie-"

I stop him,"Oh God, Shubman it's ok. Chill! I just asked a simple question." He took a deep breath and nodded. I tell him,"As you know that I have cancer and um...what I'm doing is that I'm celebrating everyone's birthday who are in my contact because my birthday comes in March and..." He finished for me,"You won't survive till then?" I nodded slightly.

He got up and started walking towards the car leaving me alone, making me feel like an idiot. How can he be so heartless that I'm telling him something like this and he simply gets up and leaves? "How could you do this Shubman? I'm over here telli-" Before I could complete he came back with phone in his hands.

He said,"Why are you staring at me like that? I went to bring my phone, photos toh khichna padega na!" I don't know how and how much but I got the biggest smile on my face. I hadn't smiled this genuinely in a while. He offered his hand making me stand up, dusting my clothes we walked inside where everyone was pacing around and looked tensed as hell.

Once they saw us and especially a smiling Shubman they all got shocked at first but soon recomposed themselves with a huge smile just like mine. This shows how much everyone loves him, now all I've to do is make Shubman understand it.

One more thing to do before I die!

_________

Sorry for the late update guys, my classes are keeping me busy so 🤦

Anyways, how was this?
Do you'll think the story is moving smoothly?

Okay boiiii❤️