Epilogue

10 years later <3

"And next I want to welcome to have a quick chat is the vice captain of the Indian team, Shubman Gill!" the interviewer indicated my turn.

I walked up to him after receiving the trophy of 'man of the match'. I smiled and he asked,"How does it feel to white wash the series? Especially since your performance throughout the series was exceptional."

"Thank you so much. I, of course feel happy but at the same time I have to give credit to my entire team for keeping me motivated. The other team played quite well too, kudos to their hardwork and efforts." I replied in a hurry since I had to call Aarohi as soon as possible because her birthday was gonna begin in exactly one and a half minute.

He nodded and asked with a small laughter,"You look in a hurry, anything special? Or is it the team celebration that you're excited about?"

I smiled back sheepishly and said,"Oh no no, nothing like that. It's just that it's Aarohi's birthday in few minutes."

He suggested,"Oh then, why not wish her live?"

"Can I do that?" I asked looking around, not sure if that would be appropriate.

He patted my shoulder and said,"Of course, go ahead!"

I took a breathe and said,"Alright then. Baby, it's 12 in a minute. Let me just tell you how much you mean to me. You are the most important person of my life, literally. Without you, I'm nothing. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if you would never come to me. You came to me like a sun after a rainy day. I really really love you a lot. Happy birthday!"

I could hear everyone in the crowd clapping, and some were even singing the birthday song. I smiled and bowed in every direction to thank everyone. I was happy, we won the series and I could not wait to meet her. It had been 3 weeks since we met last.

We went back to the hotel and everyone decided to have a good rest. In the morning we were going back to our respective cities. But since I wanted to spend maximum time with Aarohi on her birthday, I left in the night itself. I took a late night flight and landed around 4 am.

After taking a cab, I directly went to our home. I had already packed her gift so that I wouldn't have to greet her empty handed. It was the bracelet she had wanted last month. I had secretly bought and saved it for today.

I was excited to see the happiness on her face, she would be thinking that I was coming tomorrow afternoon. However upon reaching home, I didn't have the heart to wake her up and disturb her sleep so I slept beside her.

In the morning I woke up with sunrays blinding my eyes. I could see Aarohi squinting her eyes, so I got up quickly and closed the curtains. But when I turned around, she was already getting up and rubbing her eyes. I laughed at her cute face and asked,"Did you sleep well?"

She looked surprised when she realized my presence and she instantly jumped on me, hugging me tightly. "I missed you so much!" she said.

"I missed you too." I said hugging her back tightly. I put her down on the bed and said,"Okay so today's whole plan is decided. Get ready quickly and then we'll start making my Aarohi's special day, in real sense special. Okay?"

She nodded and got up to go to the washroom. Before closing the door she said,"Dad?"

I looked at her and she said,"I really love you a lot, too."