22

||Shubman||

"Hey it'll be fine!" I say as I hug a nervous Aarohi.

We came here for her first session of chemotherapy. I researched a bit last night and found out this therapy is quite painful. I don't know how I'm going to watch her suffer so much but little do I know is that if she isn't giving up, neither am I.

She hugged me more tightly and buried her face in my shoulder. I felt her sniffing me and couldn't stop myself from pulling away. I asked her confusingly,"What are you doing?"

She shrugged saying,"What? I love your perfume, it calms me down."

I smiled and hugged her more tightly,"Here let me rub all of my perfume on you."

"Stop" she said while laughing.

I stopped and held her face in my palms. Her cheeks got pressed and her lips turned into a pout, making her the cutest person alive.

"There is the laugh I was waiting to hear!" Upon hearing this she pecked me quickly and said,"Thank you. You really are the best!"

This time I quickly pecked her and said,"Shut up! I know I'm the best."

"What if I don't?" she said teasingly.

"Then" I said and angled her face just in front of my lips but before I could say any further or do anything, a receptionist said,"Aarohi Modi?"

Aarohi pushed me away and said,"Ya, it's me!"

"It's your turn now. Let's go!" the lady said and motioned Aarohi to follow her.

She got up but I pulled her hand and said like a child,"No no wait, let's finish what we started!"

She laughed and tried to pull her hand away saying,"Shubh are you crazy? Leave!"

"No let's finish it first!" I wanted to make her relax as much as possible. Atleast now she doesn't look so stressed out as before.

"Don't act like a child!" she said still pulling her hand.

I kissed her hand and got up too. "Fine. But hey, I'll be right out here. Okay?" I said reassuringly.

She nodded with a smile and left. I sat down after awhile of roaming here and there. Right now it seems like I'm more nervous than her. I just hope everything goes well and Aarohi's body reacts positively to the therapy.

I opened my phone only to find 15 missed calls and 32 text messages of my friends. At first I was scared to open since the last time I got so many calls and messages, it was when my sister died. But after looking at the door Aarohi was in, I opened the messages.

I couldn't believe what I just read. This can't be real, can it? Is this even possible? I scrolled all the messages with more and more tears filling up in my eyes. I looked up to see Aarohi standing in front of me. Looking at my tears she immediately got worried and asked,"Shubh what happened?"

I pulled her on my lap and said,"I don't know how and why but I'm sure of one thing and that is you are amazing! Ever since you've come in my life, it's been just beautiful. Every wrong is getting right and it's all just because of you!"