{2}

lunchtime, probably the only school hour Ray enjoys... partly

Ray sighed , placing her heavy backpack on the floor next to her chair and setting her tray down. She sat down next to her best friend Sage and across from Mike, she sighed as she looked down at her plate of pasta,she noticed Sage's face turn to disgust as she stuck her fork in to the bland meal. Trying to give the food some flavor, Ray covered the penne bolognese in salt and pepper, before digging in.

After all the food was gone and the trays where put away the group of 'misfits' had left the cafeteria "Well, that was terrible."complained Alexander, Mike continued "At least we didn't get food thrown at us." "Ugh i'm still starving." whined Sage. Ray chuckled "I'll tell you what, you let me copy your physics homework and ill buy you something from the vending machine?" Mike laughed and sped up to walk next to the girls. "Do you ever do your homework?" "Haha very funny", Replied Ray "It's not that i don't want to do it , its just i don't have time." Mike raised an eyebrow at her."Doing what?" she stared at him unimpressed "I have an interesting life!" "Sure you do." he said , patting the short girl on her head.

the 5 friends walked passed the front door of the school and down to the small garage where the vending machines were and Ray gave her best friend 2 dollars to buy some snacks. after the had made their way back across campus to the main entrance they walked through the heavy glass doors and down passed the bathroom to Ray and Mike's locker where they grabbed their books and walked down the large hallways towards the others lockers before repeating this until they all had their supplies. 

Alexander laughed smugly while watching Ray rushing to finish copying the science project. "What are you laughing at?"She looked up at the small boy who sat on the bench above hr, reading a book on astrophysics. He just shook his head and continued sticking his nose in his old , boring looking book. Sage was busy touching up her makeup while Mike and Daniel talked about some uninteresting movies that Ray couldn't care less about. "Shit!" "What now?" asked her black haired best friend. "I forgot my mom told me i had to be home early today, my sisters are coming home from college and i have to clean up before they arrive." She explained packing up her things and handing her paper to one of her classmates. "Can you have this in for me?" Daniel nodded. She snatched her plaid red and black backpack and threw it over her shoulder."Okay , i'll see you guys Monday!" Yelled the short girl, making her way down passed the entrance and leaving campus. 

Ray lit her cigarette and continued down passed the train station, under the underpass and through the small town towards her suburban home. Once she had reached her street she saw a peculiarly large truck, 'must be the new neighbors' She thought, walking closer to reached her house. As the truck came closer into view she noticed a lot of the furniture looked expensive, even classy. She shrugged it off and made her way to her front door, putting her key in the door and turning it, she took another glance other at the house to her left and say a flash of faded orange hair. Ray thought it was odd yet who was she to judge. 

She stepped onto the doormat and wiped her feet before heading up the stairs into her bedroom, setting down her backpack and grabbing some new clothes, she had clearly underestimated the heat. She pulled her electric yellow hair into a high ponytail and grabbed a pair of shorts and her worn-out t-shirt, white with mid -length black sleeves and the name of her favorite artist 'Bowie, 1974 tour'  before re-dressing and making her way back to the kitchen. She put on her eagles  vinyl and wiped down the counters, dusted the shelves, fluffed the pillows and even mopped the floor, which must give her mother a heart attack since Ray never cleans, but as her sisters always like to be on her back she did her best , after all , she is the youngest.

After the house was cleaned she flopped down onto her bed , looking at all the different posters, drawings and photographs hung on her walls along with some fairy lights. She put on some music and closed her eyes, almost falling asleep until she heard the Door slam closed. "Rachel?" her mom yelled. "Coming!" the young girl replied before heading back down to see her mom.