{14}

"Should i answer it?" Ray asked, biting her now swollen lips and looking over at the light blue telephone that sat on the nightstand. David quickly answered "No." before trying to pull her back in. She climbed off him and sat down on the side of the bed, watching the phone ring. "Whats wrong?" David asked, placing a hand on her shoulder, she shrugged him off before mumbling something about getting ready and headed to the bathroom.

Ray stared in the mirror, her hair was a mess, she had dark circles under her eyes and her hair was greasy. She washed her face and grabbed her backpack, brushing her teeth and hair. Walking out of the bathroom she almost bumped into David while he tried to get in, there was an awkward tension between the two, it wasn't hard to figure out why. She looked down and moved over to let him pass, David noticed her weird acts and questioned her. "Are you okay?" he looked down at her, waiting for a reply, but he didn't get one. "Hey," His voice softened as he lifted her chin, looking deep into her eyes. 

"I'm sorry if i made you feel awkward, i didn't mean to. I  couldn't help myself, i just... i've had feeling for you since i first got to know you but i knew it was wrong so i didn't act upon them, i wasn't thinking this morning and i understand..." 

his long monologue got cut short as Ray cupped his cheeks and pulled him in, their lips touching once again. His long arms latched around her waist while she moved her left hand to his hair. He pulled away and rested his head on top of hers, they stood like that for a moment before letting him get ready.

Walking to the sitting room, Ray sat down on the couch, putting the news back on as David got ready, he combed his hair, brushed his teeth and washed his face.He already felt a ton more awake. "Shit!" he heard Ray curse. He ran into the living room, concerned, but the reason for her abrupt fright was well reasoned. He looked on the TV screen and felt his stomach drop as a report of a missing persons file appeared on the news channel. "The mother of the 17 year old Ray Francis believes she was abducted by her neighbor, and has claimed she has received a message from her daughter." The two watched the news report, shocked at the false information.

"Should i call my mom and explain the situation?" She asked looking over at him, his worried eyes staring back. "No, she might think you're lying or we could get tracked or something." He sat down next to her, head in hands. "Well what do we do, the police are probably looking for us and we can't go out together, we're too recognizable."She stated, looking at his bright orange hair. "What about you?" He asked, also looking at her florescent yellow locks.

After a short discussion on what to do they decided to stay another night, and to change their looks. Ray offered to go out and buy some hair dye, while David stayed back, preparing to leave the next day.

She returned around 40 minutes later, two boxes of dye, one dark brown, one black. David went with the chocolate colour, and stripped himself his his T-shirt as Ray helped him lather on the dye, trying not to stain his porcelain skin before she did the same to her own hair. David sat on the window ledge behind her, watching her focus on not spilling on the floor. "You need to rinse your hair." she told him, looking at her watch. He thought for a moment, unsure of how he would shower without completely exposing himself. Taking off his jeans, he now stood in his boxers before stepping under the hot water, watching the water turn brown due to the dye. Ray couldn't help but stare while she leaned against the sink. "Hurry up, i have to rinse my hair in 5 minutes!' She laughed. 

He lathered shampoo in his now dark hair, rinsing it down the drown. "Ah fuck, i got it in my eyes." He chuckled. "Well, are you gonna help?" He reached out for her as she walked closer to him. "What can i do?" she asked, crossing her arms, giggling at his stupid actions.

He eventually grabbed her arm and pulled her in. "Hey! David!" She whined, the warm water soaking her clothes. She helped him finish rinsing his hair and washed her own. Ray laughed. "Thanks for getting my clothes wet." he smiled at her and kissed the tip of her nose, she smiled back at him. "I like your hair."He said, picking up a piece of her now black hair. "Yours too." Ray smiled and kissed him, her hands tangling in his newly dyed hair. The kiss became more heated as he pushed her up against the glass wall of the shower, lifting her legs around his waist and stripping her of her wet T-shirt, Davids lips moved from hers to her jaw, then down to her neck and collarbone, leaving a trail of love bites behind, her fingers tugging at his hair. He pulled her away from the wall and turned the water off, carrying her out of the shower and back to the bedroom where they continued. 

Surely enough one thing led to another and the rest was lost to the night, yet it was safe to say, they didn't sleep much...