{4}

Ray sat there on Davids couch, still slightly uncomfortable, the conversation dying down leaving them in silence. "You don't mind, do you?" he asked, pulling his packet of Gitanes from his pocket.  "No." He tilted the pack over to Ray, asking if she wanted one, she just shook her head and grabbed her own pack of Luckies from her jeans. taking her lighter and sparking it up. David passed over the ash tray into the middle of the table. "So, um, what do you do?' he asked "you know for fun?"

Ray looked at him and gestured to herself as if to ask he meant her, personally and he simply nodded. "Well, like you heard i play bass in a band but i just like music in general, i also play guitar but i feel that the bass always gives music more depth, you know?" he nodded once again before flicking his ashes into the tray."What else, do you play sports?" he asked again, trying to dig passed her tough surface. "Well, i took up boxing, but i'm not very good." Ray looked down before pulling her cigarette to her lips. David exhaled smoke from his nose before speaking. "Ah really, boxing? that sound interesting, to be honest i'm not so much a sporty person myself." 

"Yeah i'm more of a reader, as you can probably tell i'm not ver good at interacting with people, so i take comfort in reading, it's fantastic being able to journey into a different world just in your head!" She said enthusiastically before looking at her feet again."Sorry, i probably sound a right weirdo." Ray laughed and took a drag of her cigarette. David looked up at her with confused look on his face. "No, you sound deep, like you understand more than you are aware of, i think you and i are very similar!" He smiled at her his orange and yellow hair falling in front of his eyes.

Ray could feel her heart pounding in her chest, he was so kind and just as charming in real life than as she had read. Ray looked around the room at the piles of boxes and a few pictures on the fireplace of his son, Zowie. "Again, i'm sorry for the mess." he said, running his hand through his hair and picking us the empty coffee mugs, before walking into the kitchen. "Well , it's been nice meeting you.." ray followed him back into the kitchen. "Oh, your going already?' he asked, looking slightly disappointed, as he was enjoying their conversation, he felt that Ray was opening up to him a little more. "Uh yeah, i have to go , my sisters are coming to town and-" "Don't worry about it." he smiled softly at her and walked her towards the door. "So, i guess i'll see you around the neighborhood then?" Ray proclaimed.

"Definitely!"