{9}

Ray was ecstatic, she has admired Rock's work ever since she was 14, when he started working with Ziggy. She sat there in the passenger seat, trying to hide her happiness, playing with her fingers in her lap and smiling down. "You know, I still have an apartment in New York, quite near Mick's studio, we should go sometime!" He looked over at Ray and smiled, to which she returned "I'd love to, but my mom would never let me." She frowned. "I'm sure I could negotiate with her." He said and pursed his lips. Ray laughed. "Yeah, right."

The pair continued to converse, and by the end of the 3 hour trip they felt as if they had known each other for years. David pulled into his driveway and sighed "I really enjoy talking to you , Ray, we definitely need to spend some time together, after all, we're very similar."
Ray's cheeks blushed a deep shade of pink as she looked out the window. "I'd love to." She smiled and him and he returned it with a grin.
"You should get going, love, before your mother sees and kills us." He laughed, moving his bright orange hair out of his face. "Yeah I should, um , thanks again for dropping me." They got out the car and closed the doors. "It's no problem, I mean, I have to be here anyway." She smiled at him and walked towards her front door.

After entering she could see her mom and sisters in the kitchen, they greeted her before she headed upstairs to shower and change into some comfortable clothes. She stripped herself of her leather pants and the rest of her apparel  before stepping into the small, cube like shower. Ray enjoyed the feeling of the hot water against her skin as she washed her hair and her body, laughing at her horrendous tan lines she acquired due to her outfit choice. After 25 minutes she forced herself from the comfort of the hot water and decided to wash of the left over makeup that had smudged under her eyes. Wrapping a towel around her torso, she walked to her sink and turned of the hot water, letting it warm up before applying the tea tree oil soap to her usually pale skin that had now tinted a warm sand colour. After rinsing her face, Ray applied some moisturiser before heading back into her bedroom, looking out the window as the sun made her nose-ring shine.

She walked to her closet and pulled out a plain black shirt and some pyjama bottoms before dressing herself and pulling her hair into a messy bun.

Ray sat on her bed, unsure of what to do , she thought about calling Sage but she was probably asleep, it was only 5pm yet after the night they had , it would be understandable.
She looked around her room before deciding to pick up her bass, as she hadn't practiced in a while. Taking the silver fender in her hands, she plugged it into the amplifier and sat down at her desk, leaving enough room for her bass to fit and grabbed her binder full of chords. She flipped through the pages until she chose 'the man who sold the world'. She flicked through her vinyls before she found the album of the same name. Setting the needle down on the title track, she played along to the song, it took her a while to get into it, but after the first chorus she could easily follow along.

After maybe an hour and a half her mom shouted her down to dinner, she walked down the stairs and to the table. "Ray! How lovely to see you again!"