Chapter 51

Shouts of panic and urgency ring throughout the village. Medics, shinobi and villagers rush around in a panic to either get out of the way or to take the wounded to the hospital as fast as possible.  The most frantic of medics carried a young girl on a stretcher, the stretcher itself slowly turning from a clean white to a gruesome red. Flaming red chakra swarmed around the girl violently, almost encasing the girl protectively as the wounded girl struggled to breathe. 

"Where is she?!" A red-headed boy with beautiful purple eyes pushed through the crowd frantically, tears brimming his eyes. When He reached the gates, he freezes in horror and watches as his loved one is rushed passed him. 

"W-What?" Hikaru blinks in disbelief, his body refusing to believe what he just saw. Turning his head slowly, he watched as Choji, Neji, and Kiba pass by, they themselves being carried by medics. Although...none of their wounds compared to Shizukana's, the girl who constantly sacrificed herself for the people she cared about. 

A hard look passes over Hikaru's face as rage suddenly filled him. Looking for a particular Blonde, he marches over to him and Kakashi, his trident appearing in his hand threateningly. 

"This is all your fault!" snarls Hikaru. Naruto looked up weakly from Kakashi's shoulder, his eyes widening when he takes in the enraged form of his friend. 

"W-What?" Whispers Naruto weakly. 

Kakashi comes to a halt, refusing to say a word as Hikaru unleashes his rage against his student. Hikaru's eyes narrow dangerously, his lips pulling up into a sneer as he raises his trident at Naruto. 

"This is all your god damn fault! All she's ever done is protect you, care for you, love you! And what do you do!? You insult her to her face, degrade her, and make her feel worthless! If she didn't care about you as much as she did, I'd kill you right now!"  

Naruto's eyes widened in horror, the weight of Hikaru's words hitting him hard. "B-But i-I wasn't the one who hurt her!" 

Hikaru growled, a single tear falling from his eye. "You might as well have! The reason she's hurt right now is that of you and Sasuke fighting! She protected you regardless of what you said of her. She protected you even after you basically said you wanted nothing to do with her, AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT HER!" 

A hand comes and rest's itself on Hikaru's shoulder, causing Hikaru's head to snap back and glare that the person who was touching him. Shikamaru looks at him with a sad expression, simply shaking his head slowly. From behind him, you could also see Gaara standing off to the side, his face turned towards the ground in obvious sadness. 

Scoffing lightly, Hikaru lowers his trident and turns away from the wounded blonde. "Stay away from her. If she survives this, then you can be the one to talk to her....but if she dies-" By this point, tears are falling down Hikaru's face without mercy. 

"I'm coming for you Naruto, and I'll make both you AND Sasuke pay for what you did." With that, Hikaru turns and runs towards the hospital. Naruto reaches a hand out to the boy he once called a friend. 

"I'm sorry!-" Naruto chocks out a sob and lowers his hand, tears falling from his eyes. "Im so sorry.." 

Shikamaru and Gaara look at naruto sympathetically before they too turn and head towards the hospital. 

_______________________

"Let me see her!" 

"Sir, you can't go in there right now!"