27. Snowy Mountains

Start: 08/04/18

Meanwhile Minho was running in the mountains looking for Alice. He and Thomas saw her sneak up her when she thought nobody watched. Minho followed her while Thomas went to Jorge to ask what's going on.

Minho was walking around when his walkie talkie gave a sound.

"Hey have you found her?" Thomas asked.

"No and you" Minho asked.

"I have and I am going to ask him right now" Thomas said.

Then suddenly Minho saw a movement.

"Thomas I need to go" Minho said and put down the walkie talkie and ran up  

What he saw there were horrifying. Alice was standing on the edge and looked down. Minho saw her wet eyes. She was about to jump.

"Alice!" Minho screamed.

Alice slowly turned around. Tears were running down her cheeks and her eyes were almost crystal clear.

"Don't do this" Minho said.

"Why? What's the point of living anyway?" Alice asked. "The world is destroyed, everything is gone. We have nothing left"

"Yes we have" Minho said. "I'm not good at this pepping thing but we have each other. We have a safe home"

"Safe? Cranks comes almost every night and sun storms can come whenever they want to" Alice said. "I wouldn't call it safe"

"But it's our home" Minho said. "We have each other"

"No you have the others. You have known them as long as you remember" Alice said. "I'm just a crank turned into a girl that people have to take care of"

"Nobody thinks like that" Minho said. "And what about Sonya, Harriet and Aris. You have been with them a lot lately. And what about Thomas. Your newfound brother? What would he say about this?"

Alice didn't reply.

"Just come back" Minho said. "Because I'm out of things to say"

Alice laughed and nodded. But when she took a step cracks started to appear under her and before any one could do anything the edge fell and it took Alice with it.

*****

Minho was searching for her when Thomas and Newt came up.

"What happened?" Thomas asked.

"The edge. It fell. I couldn't save her" Minho said.

"But where is she" Newt asked.

"I don't know" Minho said. "I can't find her"

"Let's continue" Thomas said.

They searched the whole day until Vince showed up.

"I've heard the news but it time to go back" Vince said.

"But she might be out there!" Thomas yelled. "She might freeze to death"

"And we are not helping if we get caught of cranks" Vince said. "It's getting late. We have to go back"

And with does word they went back. Either they wanted or not.

"We'll inform the explorers" Vince said. "Everyone will know about her missing"

That night they all had trouble sleeping. The only thing in their mind were Alice.

Next morning they were sending ute a exploring group. The exploring group got separated into pairs and started to look for cranks and Alice.

Minho and Thomas were pairs and looked around.

"Minho what if we don't find her until next crank attack?" Thomas said.

"We will find her" Minho said. "Somehow we'll find her"

~~~~~

Thanks for reading!!!