29. I can't

Start: 17/04/18

When Newt waked up he had decided, it was time to fix this. He walked down to get breakfast. He saw Alice talking with Sonya, Harriet and Aris. She was laughing at something which hurt Newt. He should be the one making her laugh. But instead of do anything he was just going to wait. He was going to complete the mission tonight. Now he just had to wait for the right moment.

Newt thought about what Minho told him on his way back.

Flashback

"Hey Newt I need to tell you something" Minho said.

"What is it Minho?" Newt asked.

"I just want to tell you if she tells you no tomorrow just remember that you still have me and Thomas." Minho said.

"Do you think she will say no?" Newt asked.

"No since she's crying over your jacket but you never know" Minho said.

"Sleeping with my sweater?" Newt asked confused.

"Well I don't really understand this thing but at first she seemed to always be stressed then it all just stopped. One day I went inside to see if she was okay and I saw here holding your jacket and staring at the thin air" Minho explained. "But don't get to much hope. She's a tough girl who doesn't care about her own feelings"

Newt just nodded and thought about things when he went to sleep.

*****

It was time. Alice was standing alone and looked at the stars. Newt went up to her. She turned around to see who it was but when she saw him she just looked back at the stars without a word.

"Alice we can we talk. Please" Newt begged.

"I don't want to talk with you" Alice said.

"Fine but I'll talk" Newt said.

"It doesn't mean that I'm going to listen" Alice responded.

"But you will. You're curious about what lame excuse I have to say for breaking your heart" Newt said.

"You didn't break it" Alice said. "You just made me wake up from my dreams and realise the reality"

"But please just listen" Newt said with a soft voice. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't trust you and I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you. But I do trust you Alice. I do very much. You are one of the people who I could give my life to so please just give me another chance to prove it. Don't end what we had because of my mistake"

At first Alice didn't say anything then suddenly she turned around.

"I'm sorry Newt. But I can't" Alice whispered. "I can't go back to how it was. I'm not ready for it. I just can't be with someone I know deep down doesn't trust me. I'm sorry"

And with does words she started to go but then she stopped and kissed him on the cheek.

"Good Night Newt" She said and ran away.

Newt just stood there. He didn't know what to do or how to do it. She said no. Suddenly he screamed and fell down on his knees. He had lost her.

~~~~~

Thanks for reading!!!

I know the chapter was a little bit shorter but I hoped you enjoyed.

Bye!!!