12. Sunset

Start:18/02/18

Alice waited at the bench when she saw Newt came running.

"I'm sorry that I'm late. I had to sneak out to get away" Newt said while Alice just giggled.

"Are you good at walking in the forest?" Alice asked.

"Not very much. Why do you ask?" Newt asked.

"Follow me" Alice said.

They went upon a stony hill. Together they tried to avoid falling over three roots and stones. When they've walked pass everything when they suddenly stopped.

"Newt do you trust me?" Alice asked and Newt nodded slowly. "Okay close your eyes"

Newt closed his eyes.

"Take two step forward"

Newt did what she said.

"And open"

When Newt opened his eyes he saw that he was standing on a big edge. Underneath them he could see the village light up in the pink orange sky that was made by the sun set.

"Wow this is beautiful" Newt said.

"I know. It's the perfect moment before the sun goes down on the evenings" Alice said.

They sat there and watched the sunset turn into a black star night.

~Time Skip~

The following days Newt and Alice became closer and closer friends. Some nights Newt even joined Alice while she watched the stars. They could just sit there and say nothing but still the night was perfect.

Newt just finished a leader meeting about the new group when he saw Alice standing at the bench watching the stars again. He walked towards her.

"You are going be sick if you're out here with just short arms" Newt said.

Alice turned around and smiled.

"I know but I'm almost..." Alice got interrupted by Newt laying his jacket on her shoulders.

"Thanks Newt" Alice said.

"What are you doing?" Newt asked.

"Oh I'm just drawing the stars positions" Alice said. "I always see special patterns in the stars"

"May I see?" Newt asked.

She gave him the book. He looked at it and studied the patterns.

"Wow this is amazing" Newt said. "You're bloody amazing"

"What?" Alice asked shocked.

"I'm going to tell you something. Already on the first day I understood that you had an other sight on the world. I like it. I guess I like you" Newt said.

Instead of responding Alice just moved closer to Newt and lay her head on his shoulder. They sat like that for a moment when it was getting late.

"We better go" Alice said and stood up. But before she walked away she kissed him on the cheek. "Good Night Newt"

Newt was to shocked to react. With one front finger on both cheeks he watched her run away. And from that night he knew that he was completely in love with her and that he would protect her to ever cost.

~~~~~

One thing. For those who want you can imagine that it's you instead of Alice.
Well thanks for reading.