Chapter 9

I sit next to Ashton. His head is pressed up against the seat, he doesn't look happy. I hug him. "Ash, I'm really sorry about last night. Ignore Calum. He's a fucking prick. I should have told you sooner." I wisper.

He nods and turns his head to look at me. He grabs my face suddenly and kisses me. When he pulls away all he says is, "I'll make him pay for touching you."

I decide not to tell him about Calum constantly looking at my ass. That wouldn't help anything.

"I'm yours, and your mine." I promise him.

He smiles and I smile back. I almost sigh with relief. I lock my fingers with his and lean my head against his shoulder. "I love you for as long as I live. To infinity and beyond." he wispers.

The bus rolls to a stop and we all get up, shoving our way out. I'm aware of Calum behind me and I swear he squeezes my ass.

•••

I set the robot down on the counter then go to the supplies cabinet. Calum glares at me and Micheal sits across from him, completely clueless.

"Why are you over here?" I growl at Micheal.

"Oh, Milo's my partner." he says, gesturing to the finished robot. I ignore him.

I set the supplies on the counter and get to work. I can still feel Calum's glare on the back of my neck.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what happend last night, I just....I'm sorry." I say quietly. He just huffs in response.

"Ooh, what happend last night," Micheal asks me, "did'ja have sex?!" I look up to see Calum wink at Micheal.

"Ew, no!" I reply sharply.

"Then what happend?" he whines.

"Yeah, tell him what happend, Sydney." Calum smirks.

"Look, Micheal, why don't you ask your boyfriend what happend?!" I snap. Everyone in hearing range covers their mouths in awe.

Calum raises his eyebrows, swiftly kicking me in the shin. I bite my tounge to keep from screaming. "Shut your whore mouth." he mutters.

The rest of class I'm silent. Calum and Micheal stand over me, obviously clueless. Once in a while I have to remind Calum to stop looking at my ass.

"Done!" I say, sitting back in my chair. Calum and Micheal stare at it like cavemen and fire.

"A day early...not bad." he remarks.

"You need to put your names on it." Micheal reminds me. I take a sharpie and write "C.A.S." on the side.

"Who the hell is Cas?" Calum asks.

"My baby! It's an acronym: Calum And Sydney." I explain.

"If this is your baby then technically I'm the father." he says, smirking. I roll my eyes at him.

"It's true." Micheal says, raising his eyebrows.

"Shut up!" I say, scowling. I take the robot over to Ms. Gregory.

"We finished!" I inform her, setting Cas on the desk.

"Excellent job! Where's Calum?" she asks. I jab a thumb in his direction. "Both partners need to be present when you turn in your robot." she says, looking over her glasses at me.

"Right...sorry." I say, shuffling away. "Dude, come on." I say, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt.

"What?" he asks, annoyed.