Chapter 25

{2 Years later}

I knock on Michael's apartment door and wipe away a stray tear.
I did what I had to do...right? The door swings open with a squeak.
"Oh, hey...oh god did it happen again." his tone changes in the blink of an eye.

I hold out my arms to hug him, unable to stop my lip from quivering. He wraps me in a gentle hug, resting his chin on my head. His calloused hands rub up and down my back soothingly.
"Come inside." he says softly.
I sniff, "Thanks, Mikey."
He pulls out of the hug and directs me towards his couch. The door closes with a little squeak.
"What happend this time?" he asks understandingly.
Thank god for Micheal Clifford.
"He just...keeps trying to fuck me and I keep telling him I don't want to. He just doesn't want to listen."
[FLASHBACK]

"Stop it Calum! I'm done being your sex toy!" I shout.
"Stop fighting me, you know it's what you want!" he shouts back.
He tries to push me against the wall again, but I slink under his arm.
"Calum, that's it! I'm done!"
He stares at me in disbelief. "Fine." he growls. I stuff my clothes into a bag angrily.
"I-I'm sure you'll do just fine without me." my voice cracks a little.
"No," he says. "You're not leaving. I promised not to let you go! Don't turn me into a liar!" his voice turns to a scream as tears run down his face.
"I'm sorry...I think we just need some time apart. In the mean time, find a slut to fuck."
I make my way to the door but he blocks me. "I'm not letting you go. I'm sorry. Sometimes I...I just can't help it. Please, Sydney!" he begs.
I kiss him one last time. "I love you."
I open the door a crack, but I know he's gonna make it hell. To my surprise, he moves aside and blinks away a few tears.
"I love you, too."

[Flashback over]

Calum and I have been fighting over the subject recently, and the last one made me snap. I'm so tired of having bruises on my neck and being slammed against a wall.
Micheal is always the one I come to after a fight.
"It's ok. Stay as long as you need." he offers.
I smile weakly and cross my legs over his. "W-we agreed we need some t-time apart...more than a few hours."
I don't want to be a bother, but I don't want to move back in with my parents for who knows how long.
They turned my room into a dumb walk-in closet.
"Oh god. I had no idea," he says. He squeezes me close. "It's gonna be ok, Angel."
I nestle my head under his, his soft breath on my ear.
His heart beat is very fast. "What's the matter?" I ask. I put a hand on his chest.
"Nothing." he shrugs.
I look up him, "Your heart beat says otherwise."
He smooths my hair back and sighs, "I'm just really sorry he put you through this. But I'm glad we can cuddle."
"We can cuddle anytime you want." He kisses the top of my head and I look up at him.
"Sorry..." he says. I reach up and kiss him on the cheek. He blushes crimson and I smile a little. "I think we should be aloud to kiss eachother." I wisper.
He smiles giddily and wraps his arms under mine, pulling me close and onto his lap. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes.
His lips touch my forehead as he speaks, "Sleepy?"
I nod a little. He starts to hum Boulevard of Broken Dreams quietly.
I smile and fall asleep in his arms.

Micheal's POV

Oh Jesus.
Oh Jesus. Oh my fucking God. She. Fell. Asleep. On. Me.
She kissed me.
She's going to stay with me for a while. Oh my GOD.
I really hope I don't fuck this up.
Holy fuck. Holy fuck. Holy fUCK. Internally fucking screaming.

I pick her up and carry her into my room. I almost trip a few times, but set her down gently. She sighs and rolls onto her side.
I smile and wrap her in one of my sweatshirts (since she's on top of the sheets). She shivers a little and curls her legs under the hoodie.
"Goodnight, Princess." I whisper and she smiles in her sleep.

I tiptoe over to the door, but change my mind. I crawl gingerly onto the bed and start playing with her hair. She rolls over and latches onto my leg. I cover my mouth to keep from giggling.
"I love you." I wisper.

•••

Sydney's POV~

I open my eyes.
Michael hums softly, combing his fingers through my hair. He looks up to my eyes.
"Hi." he says softly.
"Hey." I smile and unwrap myself from my cocoon.
"Have a nice nap?" he asks as he brushes hair out of my eyes. I nod and sit up. "So I wa-" I cut him off with a hug.
He touches my back awkwardly. I scoot closer to him and cry silently.
"I lied," I wisper. "I had a dream about both of them. They fought over me (for some dumb reason) and none of them won."
He holds my head and leans his cheek against it. "Just go ahead and cry until you feel better." he said.
I squeezed him a little tighter, "I'm so fucking tired of losing people. I don't care if it's only 2, it's 2 too many."
He kisses the top of my head and rocks us back and forth.
"I know. You just want someone who cares...don't you?" he asks.
"I care about you Michael. Never forget, ok?" I say.
If he's thinking the same way I am about this, he deserves to know that I care. "Don't make me start fucking crying." he says. I pull back and wipe away my tears.
"You're too punk rock for that, Mr. Eyebrow-Piercing." I say with a weak smile.
He winks and smiles back. "S....so do you know how long you'll be staying?" he asks, keeping his eyes lowered.
"As soon as I either get my own place, or feel like I can move back in with Calum. I don't want to be a bother to you, so not too long. Why?" I say.
"N-no you won't bother me. I...I want you to stay as long as you want c-cause it gets, uh....lonely." he says quietly.
I really don't understand why everyone wants me around.
"Ok," I agree. "I hope you realize that means loud music, dance parties, watching dumb movies, snuggling, lots of food, and tent making."
"You forgot 'sleeping in really late.'" he adds.
I smile.
••••••••••••••••••••••
OH MY GOD ALMOST 1,000 READS ON THIS PEICE OF TRASH THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL CRY

OHHHH MYYYY GODDD
Ok, I'm good now.
Sikey af 😏 ~ S.S.