Chapter 13

It's now 7, since Ashton decided to take me to see Gaurdians of the Galaxy. I'm not complaining, the movie was amazing. I just didn't want to come home this late.

We pull up into the driveway, still laughing about how our bus driver smells like weed.

"It's really disgusting! And she sharpens her nails to a point like she's gonna rip our throats out if we don't shut up!" I say.

Ashton's face grows serious all of a sudden. I follow his eyes to see Calum sitting on my porch.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Ash asks.

"I don't know..." I wisper.

I open the door and step out.

Calum sees me and waves his hand.

I turn back to Ashton, "Thanks for the date." I say, kissing him on the forehead.

He still hasn't taken his eyes off Calum. I'm really starting to get worried.

"You're welcome." he murmurs.

"Ash, don't worry about him, he's just returning my textbook." I lie.

He looks up at me, his face resembling a begging puppy.

"I love you." he wispers. He has a distant, but determined, look in his eye as he shuts the car door in my face.

I put my hands against the glass.

"I love you, too." I mouth.

I step away as he backs up and drives off.

I walk over to the porch, my bag full of books dangling from my hand.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Calum.

He looks up. "Returning the towel and umbrella." he says.

He stands up and hands them to me.

"Thanks, but...why couldn't you just give them to my mom?" I ask.

"I didn't think she was home," he confesses, "I rang the doorbell twice and no one answered."

I shrug, "Well, thanks again."

I put the umbrella under my arm and unlock the door.

"See ya." he says, cutting across the yard to the sidewalk. I wave and open the door.

"Mom, I'm home!" I shout.

"Congratulations." she replies tiredly.

I roll my eyes and run up the steps. I spread the books across my bedroom floor and pick up one eagerly. I nestle in my reading corner and flip through the pages excitedly. I finish 2 before I fall asleep.

•••

I wake up to the sound of complete silence. It's nice when it's quiet.

I stretch and mosey downstairs to grab some breakfast. Nathan and mom are still asleep as I throw some pop-tarts in the toaster.

It's a beautiful sunny morning. It's a bit too quiet for me though. I'm used to all the noise.

The doorbell rings. Now it's not so quiet.

I walk over and open the door for Calum.

"Goodmorning!" I say cheerfully.

He looks up and I realize he's crying.

He collapses onto me.

"I'm so sorry!" he repeats into my neck.

"Why, what happend?!" I ask.