Chapter 10

"Sydney? Syydneyy!" Ashton's voice comes through the blackness.

Everything is still blurry when I open my eyes and I can't blink it away. "She's awake?" I hear Calum's voice but I can't see him.

"Yeah," he says. "How many fingers am I holding up?" he asks.

"Two?" I wimper. "Blink a few times, see if that helps. I'll be right back." he says.

"Ashton I'm scared." I feel like I'm going to cry. "Everything's gonna be ok, just hold on." he says, sounding worried, himself.

I blink a lot and my vision starts to come back. I can see someone lean over me, "Sydney, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to make you pass out!" I blink and see that it's Calum.

He looks like he's about to cry.

"It's ok. I'll be ok." I assure him.

"No, you aren't and it's all my fault!" he says. I feel him touch my cheek and his tears drip onto me. He wipes them off my face as more fall.

"It's ok. It's ok. I can see now." I assure him. I wipe a tear off his face.

"Ashton! She can see!" he shouts. He wipes another tear off of my lip. Even though everything's still blurry, I can see he feels awful.

"How long was I out?" I ask, trying not to cry, myself.

"20 minutes." he chokes out.

"Don't cry. Everything's gonna be alright. I'm ok." I say as calmly as possible. I lift myself up, all around me is blurs. I can make out basic shapes, but not much else.

"Woah, you need to lie down until you can see completely." he says. He holds the back of my head and gently eases me back.

"Calum," I wisper softly, "I'm really scared now."

"I know. I'm so sorry I did this. It's all my fault." he says.

I see another blur (Ashton) come over. He looks like he's on the phone. He sits next to me and holds my hand.

"Are you in pain?" Calum asks quietly. I nod. "Where does it hurt?" he wispers.

"My head, neck, and chest." I tell him.

"Sorry," he says again, "I was a bit rough on you." I swear I see a flicker of a smirk.

"Yeah, you shouldn't mess with me like that. I'm sensitive." I wisper. A weak smile spreads across both our faces.

"I'll be right back." Calum says. He gets up and walks off. I take a deep breath to calm myself.

Ashton put the phone down. "How many fingers?" he asks.

"Three."

"Good! On a scale of 1 to 10, how well can you see?" he asks.

"7. Did someone tell you to do these tests?" I ask.

He nods, "I was in the phone with a nurse. She told me how to take care of this." I blink and nod. "What was he talking about when he was like, 'I was a bit rough on you?' Was that what you were telling me about?" Ashton asks in a wisper.

"He grabbed...me." I say awkwardly. I squeeze his hand. "You saw how awful he felt. I think you should just let it go." I wisper.

"Is that what you do? You forgive him? He doesn't deserve forgiveness." he says.

I sigh, "Well what did the nurse say to do?"

"Oh yeah. Get lots of sleep." he says.

"Sorry it took so long, I couldn't find your freezer. By the way, I hope you know your mom isn't home." Calum says. He walks in and sits down next to me, handing me an ice pack.

"Yeah, she took Nathan to therapy. She won't be back for another hour and a half." I tell him.

"We should probably stay and look after you." Calum says. Ashton nods.

I yawn, "I'm going to take a nap. Help yourselves to the pantry." I tell them.

I get up, with their help, and walk downstairs. I lie on the couch with a blanket. Ashton sits at my feet, but Calum keeps his distance. I look up at Ashton, I'm not really that tired.

"Go to sleep." he wispers in my ear. He kisses me on the forehead. Suddenly, my eyelids droop and I nod off.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello all.

.....

I don't know what to say.

....

Ilysm ~ S.S.