Chapter 22

"Sydney," I can feel Calum's breath on my cheek. "C'mon. We gotta go."

He still looks half asleep...and slightly annoyed.

"Did they wear you out?" My aunt whispers.

I nod sluggishly, and get up. They pay me and we leave. "Was that a good way to spend the day?" I ask, slamming the car door behind me.

I rub my tired eyes and smudge my eyeliner everywhere.

He grins and nods, "D'you mind if I spend the night."

I shake my head. "Be my guest." I say with a yawn.

"Go back to sleep." he says gently.

He touches my cheek and my eyes flutter. "You're the best." I say, half asleep already.

•••

"Sydney..." Calum purrs in my ear.

I open my eyes to almost complete darkness. I groan and stretch.

He moves his hand to my knee and leans over the arm of his chair. He scoots in closer and kisses me.

I put my hands on his chest, "The fuck are you doing?" I'm still waking up.

He presses me back playfully. "You." he wispers.

He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Oh no no no no. Not tonight." I say, waking up more.

He makes a pouty face, but unhooks his seatbelt.

He leans over farther, "Can I at least kiss you?"

Before I can answer, he gets out of the car and opens my door. When I get out--or rather stumble out--he swoops me up.

"Of course...?" I say.

He smirks and pins me against my house, my hands above my head.

"I always like it when you're like this..." He giggles.

"Perv." I mutter with a slight smile.

"What did you say?"

He playfully presses his body against mine, pushing me back.

"Okay, I'm done playin games. Let me inside so I can sleep." I beg.

"Not without a kiss..." he says.

His lips collide feverishly with mine for at least a minute. I'm breathing heavily when he pulls away. He looks at me for a moment, one hand lightly holding the collar of my shirt, the other holding my hands.

"God, you are so beautiful!" he breaths.

I smile tiredly, "Same to you," I yawn lightly. "Now can I go inside?"

He looks me up and down one last time. "I...guess..." he says reluctantly.

I smile and walk up to the front door. I unlock it and it creaks open.

"So what's the guest bedroom situation?" he asks.

"Oh no, there is none! Looks like you're gonna have to sleep with me." I say with mock surprise.

He smiles and follows me up the steps. "Just a warning that I sleep shirtless." he says.

"Oh, of course you do," I exclaim. "My mom won't think we had sex at all..."

"Well maybe we did..." he says, winking suggestively.

I turn and look him straight in the eye. "No. We're too young and I don't want to have any kids!" I say firmly.