Chapter 24

I roll out of bed and stumble down stairs to open the door. "Yes?"

Charlie hugs me and almost knocks me down. She sobs into my shoulder.

"Charlie, what's wrong?" I ask desperately. She never cries and she almost never hugs me, so this is serious.

"I'm pregnant!" she whales.

"What?!" I scream.

Calum runs downstairs, "What the hell is going on?!"

"Sit down on the couch, tell me everything." I instruct Charlie.

She nods and sits down. I motion for Calum to sit next to me.

"Okay, so a week ago, Luke and I were having a tickle fight. Things got really heated and we ended up taking it to the bedroom, right. Basically he fucked me and the protection ripped--we realized this a few days after. So, he got mad and I got scared. Last night I found out I was pregnant and he got really mad. He was mad at me for no reason and I was terrified so we got into a huge fight. He basically blamed me for--and I quote-- 'Being so damn sexy.' Then he kicked me out and I don't want my parents to find out. I'm so fucking scared." she says hurriedly.

I hug her, "Oh my god, Charlie."

Someone's phone beeps and I look around. "Sorry, that's me." Calum says, typing something in.

"Charlie, do you want anything to drink?" I ask, getting up.

"Diet Coke is swag." she says with a sniff.

I cover a smile and go out to the garage, getting 2. When I come back, Charlie's gone.

"Bathroom." Calum says as the doorbell rings.

I open the door and a furious Luke barges in.

He walks over to Calum and starts talking in a hushed voice.

"Excuse me," I interrupt. He looks over at me. "Wanna explain what you did to my best friend?!"

"Look, I'm tired of getting shit about that!" He shouts.

He towers over me menacingly and I shut up. He goes back to talking to Calum.

Just then, Charlie walks out and everything goes quiet. Luke glares at her and she begins to cry.

"What's you're damage?!" I shout. I go over and hug Charlie.

"Shut the fuck up and stay out of my business!"

I flinch, but I'm not backing down. His hands twitch like he wants to punch something.

"Luke, calm down. Sydney, take Charlie home." Calum's voice goes cold and I almost freeze up.

"You guys were meant for eachother. You shouldn't break up, especially now. You can't leave in her moment of weakness. All I want is Luke to say sorry and Charlie to do the same." I say stubbornly.

Ashton surfaces in my mind, but I push him back down.

"Luke, I don't want to fight with you. I love you and I'm sorry." Charlie sniffs.

Luke stares at her for a long time. I hold my breath and squeeze Charlie's shaking hand.

He looks away. In a sudden burst of movement, he hugs her. I let go of Charlie's hand and she wraps her arms around him. I smile and step back towards Calum.

"Sorry, Char. I love you." he says. He's so much taller than her. Charlie starts to cry again and he hugs her tighter.

"I've got you. I've got you, and I'll never let go." Luke says. After a while, he releases her from his bear-hug.