Chapter 19

The next day I take Shia on a walk again, we walk much farther. All the way down to the end of the cul-di-sack.

I'm all alone again, since Calum said he was busy. What he could be doing at 8 in the morning beats me, but whatever.

Shia spots a frog and chases it into someone's yard.

"Shia, sit!" I call feverishly.

She's absolutly mesmerized and completely ignores me.

I hear a giggle and become as curious as my companion. I look between two houses, a beautiful lake shimmers with the morning light. There are two figures sitting next to it, fairly close to us. I sheild my eyes from the sun and realize it's Calum and a neighborhood girl. She's far prettier than I am.

Shia wimpers slightly and Calum notices. He looks at the girl and kisses her. He pushes her onto the grass and really starts to kiss her.

I cover my mouth to keep from whimpering myself. A stab of jeliousy hits me as I press my back against the house.

The girl giggles, "What was that for?"

"I love you a lot." Calum says.

I tear myself away and run back to the sidewalk. Tears form in my eyes but I blink them back.

You shouldn't be jeliouse, you don't even love him.

Yes I do.

I love him.

He's looked out for me, checked on me, stood in the rain for me, stayed up all night for me. Despite him strangling me, I love him. I should return the favor. I let the tears fall now and storm back home.

•••

I whip out my phone and text Calum.

"I know now. I hope you liked kissing that girl."

"You saw that?"

"Oh yes. I went to come and find you to tell you. You knew I saw it."

"I'm really sorry. I had to get you to realize that you like me. I know you do."

"Well I hope you feel good about yourself because I cried over you."

"I'm so sorry bby. You know I would never want anyone but you."

"Don't lie to me and don't ever call me that."

And that was pretty much our conversation. He tried to call me and text me, but I ignored him.

This is exactly why I don't trust people. You only think you know them.

And I know the only reason I'm jelliouse is because I still have feelings for him and a little trust.

•••

The morning wasn't as bright as the other day. It was cloudy and gusty, you could just smell the sulfur in the air.

I got up earlier and walk at a faster pace, hoping to avoid Calum.

No use.

He pops up out of nowhere as we turn a corner. "Sydney, please, I promise it was nothing." he begs.

I walk faster, almost running.

"I really love you." he shouts.

"Who was she?" I ask quietly.

"I wish it was you." he says, catching up to me.

"Stop it, Calum." I scold.

"No, you stop," he sounds like the old Calum. I can't help but hault, my instincts kicking in.

He steps in front of me. "I wish you would believe me. I love you."

His voice is a tad bit softer, but I'm still frightened.

"I didn't mean to scare you." he says.

Oh, yeah, that totally makes me not scared.

Shia chews the leash impatiantly.

His hand brushes my cheek then cups my face. I flinch slightly and squeeze my eyes shut.

"It's ok. I'll never hurt you again." he mumbles.

He wraps his other arm around my waist, pulling me to him. It begins to rain as he kisses me, slowly and softly.

Ashton, please forgive me for this.

I kiss back and it rains harder.

He pulls back, "Do you believe me now?"

I nod and a small tear rolls down my cheek.

I hug him tight, "I thought you really loved her. You better stop fucking with my emotions!"

He chuckles and kisses the top of my head as the rain pours down. "C'mon, let's get you and Shia back home." he says.

We run back to the Jones' as fast as we can. Once we're inside, Shia shakes all the water off her, soaking everything.

I run upstairs and grab a hair dryer. I plug it in near her dog bed and dry her off as best I can. When I'm done, she looks like a puff-ball with legs. I rub her with a towel and she looks a bit better.

I laugh, "That's how my hair looks in the morning."

He smiles, "You smell much better, though."

I smile. A lot of things smell better than wet dog, but I'll still take it.

There's a pause as we watch her try to get in a comfy resting position.

"Do you think we should just wait for it to stop raining?" he asks quietly.

"Nah, it's gonna last the whole day. Plus, I have to babysit today anyway." I say.

I lay down on the floor and watch the ceiling fan. He lays next to me.

"Who is it?"

"It's my cousins. They want me to be there from, like, 12:30 to 10 tonight. Wanna come?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says excitedly. It's like he's been waiting for me to ask all day. "but why so late?"

"Their parents wanted a day to themselves or something." I say with a sigh.

He grunts in response. He rolls onto his side to look at me. He hasn't stopped smiling.

"Why are you smiling so much?" I ask.

"I'm happy. You're finally mine." he says simply.

I sit up and rest my head on his chest. His smile grows bigger. "We should probably get going." I say.

I go to get up but he puts a hand on my back. "I want to stay like this forever." His eyes are closed as speaks.

I kiss him on the forehead and get up.

"C'mon." I say.

I tickle him and he giggles a bit, "I'm coming, I'm coming."

"Bye, Shia." I say. She's already asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm really really sorry I haven't updated in a while.

P.S. these chapters are going to get a lot lot lot longer.

Ok ily~ S.S.