Chapter 10

It didn't make any sense. As his eyes carefully examined every word, every letter she had written, and it didn't make any sense to him. He knew she was trying to tell him something, just from how harsh her words were, and the lies she told. He tried to deny the truth in her words, that she was with child. Because Gods know she didn't marry Robb, that she never slept with Robb, only him...gods that was his child inside of her...he was going to be a father. 

For a moment, Jon forgot himself, forgot that he was on the wall, forgot that he had the oath to take. For one single moment, all Jon felt was an utter joy. But then he remembered, he remembered where he was, where she was and her betrothal to his brother Robb. No wonder she was so cruel, no one could suspect Jon to be the father, for her sake as well as his. He could tell from the scroll that she was in danger, she hated using titles, calling herself future Lady of Winterfell is something she would never do. This scroll was a warning, a warning of the danger she was in, a warning to keep his distance from her. 

Jon didn't know what to feel. His moment of joy was over and in its place was fear, and worry. This was his fault, wasn't it? But he couldn't bring himself to regret what they did, only that it was causing her so much trouble. But one day, she would return to Winterfell, one day she would be out of danger and he'd ride to Winterfell and see her and hold his child in his arms, a child that would be called Robb's. It would kill him, seeing her with another, even if it was his brother, but he could handle it, as long as he got to see her and his child. It wouldn't be long now before he was a sworn brother. Before Emylea would return to Winterfell and he would go visit. Everything would be fine, it had to be. 

Gods, if you're up there, keep her safe from harm, her and the babe

He silently sent up his hopeful prayer and tucked the scroll under his bed, drifting back off to sleep. 

Here he was. Somehow he wasn't surprised, but relieved, he needed to see her, speak to her. He was dressed in the black cape and armor like before, and he was standing in his small patch of snow, surrounded by the vast grassy landscape. And there she was, in her long, red flowing silk dress. She was so beautiful, words couldn't describe what he felt when he saw her. He wanted to run to her, to pick her up and kiss her deeply. But she only walked to him slowly with a soft smile on her lips. 

"I didn't expect to see you so soon," she admitted, offering him her right hand. He took it and stepped out of the snow and pulled her into him. He hugged her tightly before pulling back and crashing his lips against hers. Her lips seemed almost to burn him, but he didn't care. Once they broke away he cupped her soft cheeks in his gloved hands.

"What was that for?" she asked with a breathless smile. 

"I love you so much, do you know that? And I'm sorry I can't be there with you when the child is born but I'm still here, " he said quickly, trying to get out all of his words before he was whisked away yet again. Her smile darkened at his words. 

"What is it?" he asked, her smile disappearing completely and being replaced with tears. 

"Emylea, tell me, what's wrong? Is it the child?" he asked, starting to sound a bit frantic, his voice laced with panic and fear.

"It's a she," she told him with a tear-filled smile.

"And she's beautiful" she continues, her voice cracking. 

"Did something happen?" he asks emotionlessly, fearing the worst. 

"Not yet, not in your world", she replied back, her voice deprived of emotion, deprived of feeling.