Friday

The sun drifts into the room and I look out of the window. Eighth graders walk around on the ground, but sadly I am not among them. I sadly am just a 7 grader. I am not an 8 grader.

Anyway, the math teacher calls out my name. "Laurie? Do you know the answer?" The teacher asks. I don't really remember her name. Mr something.

"Um, what was the problem again?" I ask. "What is the Pythagoras theorem?" He asks. I rack my brain for the answer. "B squared + C squared = A squared?" I ask.

"No. It is A squared + B squared =C squared." He replies.

I look at him. "I hate math." I sigh. "What was that, Laurie?" The teacher asks. "Er, nothing." I reply. "Good." The teacher walks back to the front of the room.

I whip out my phone and text Andie. LAURENS: Hey, Andie, who are you going with for the dance?

ANDIE: Dunno. I'm not really planning on going

LAURENS: why not?!

ANDIE: No one has asked me.

"Who are you texting?" TJ leans over in his chair and looks at my phone.

I glare at him. A text pops up from Andie.

ANDIE: :(

TJ looks at me. His face turns pink. "Andie?" He asks. I nod slowly. "She's cool." TJ says, "She's really pretty." I roll my eyes. "Do you have a crush on her or something? If so, ask her to the dance before she decides to go with someone else." I reply. TJ looks at me. "Ew, I don't have a crush on Andie!" He looks at me strangely, but his red face tells me he's lying.

I take a piece of paper and a pencil and quickly scribble out something on it. I hand it to TJ.

He shrugs his shoulders, then looks down at the paper.

On the paper:

123-456-7890

Ask her to the dance ;)