Tuesday

It was lunch. I was sitting with my friends, outside, as usual, and then Kien came up to me. "Hi Lilly!" He said, smiling. "Hi Kien." I said, not looking up from my lunch. A pink piece of paper was slid in front of my eyes. I looked up, but Kien had disappeared back to his own table. I picked up the piece of paper. It was a home made card. I opened it. It read:

Dear Lilly, would you care to accompany me to the dance? ~Kien

I let out a soft gasp. I looked over to Kien's table, and looked him in the eye. With a swift nod, it was settled. I didn't like Kien, but it wasn't like some super hot guy like Jimin would magically appear and ask me to the dance. Besides, Kien was a friend. How could I say no to a friend?

And then there was Emma. She caught us nodding at each other, then stood up and saw the card. She marched over to our table, grabbing the envelope and ripping it in half. "Emma!" I screeched. Emma gave me a smug grin, throwing the remains in the trash can.

Kien, who had seen this happen, walked over to the two of us. "You sure seem to like throwing things in the trash can that don't belong to you, Emmalyn." He said. "Don't call me Emmalyn. Just Emma, please." Emma said, batting her eyelashes at him. "Shut up. You think I would even want to be friends with you after you ripped up my card?" Kien asked. "Your card?" "Yes, my card?" "Well why did Lilly have your card? It's yours." "Emma, let me try and get this through your thick skull into your tiny brain. I. Gave. The. Card. To. Lilly. Did you understand me or do I need to speak slower?" Kien asked, getting red from anger.

"You gave her a card? What did it say? Ooh, be mine. I want to kiss you and play with your hair and go on movie dates with you and spend all my time with you and have-" Emma's true side was showing now, but thankfully Kien interrupted her before she could finish. "Look, Emma, I'm sorry for being all mean, but if your mean to one of my friends, then I feel like it's my personal responsibility to protect my friend." Kien said. Emma looked at both of us, tears lining her eyes, and with a huff, she blinked the tears away and went back to her table.