What Changed? {Allura}

Hi guys and gals! I am done procrastinating with my work, so I hopefully should be back on track! Yay! More Oneshots! More Keith- Wait WUT?

Warnings; none

Allura x Galra!Reader

———————————————————————————

You, Coran, your best friend Allura, and King Alfor stood on the bridge of the Castle of Lions. The Castleship shook from the attack from Zarkon's fleet. Your Galran ears twitch at the slight 'zapping' noise that comes from screen in which Zarkon appears.

"Zarkon!" Alfor shouts at his ex-friend. "Your fleet has been destroyed, Alfor. I will be there shortly to claim Voltron." He states in a cold voice that Alfor doesn't recognize. "You'll never get Voltron!" You scream at him. He chuckles.

"Oh, (Y/n). I don't understand you. You could've joined me, but now I have to kill you." He states coldly. "No!" Allura shouts and moves next to you, but Zarkon already ended the transmission.

A Galra ship blasted the Castleship with a surprisingly powerful laser, shaking the castle and sending small pieces of rubble crashing down from the ceiling. Allura puts her arms over her head, and you throw your arms over her too.

When the shaking and rumbling stop, Allura speaks to her father. "Father, we must form Voltron and fight before it's too late!" She yells. "It's already too late. We must send the Lions away. We can't risk them falling into Zarkon's hands." Alfor states. "We can't give up hope!" Allura cries.

"I'm sorry, daughter." He starts, approaching Allura. He puts his hands on Allura's shoulders. "If all goes well, I will see you again soon." He says. He then uses a mysterious light on her cheek, making her fall asleep.

"Father...!" She calls, barely keeping consciousness. "I love you." He replies. With that, Allura falls asleep. He passes her over to Coran, who looks at him. "Get in your pods, I will get in mine shortly." Alfor states. Coran nods and places Allura in a cyropod. "See you soon, King Alfor." Coran states, stepping in the pod next to Allura, and falling asleep.

You and Alfor watched the destruction bloom over the once amazing and beautiful planet of Altea, unable to do anything. After a few minutes, you turn to him. "Your majesty," you start, gaining his attention. "(Y/n), I told you. Call me Alfor." He says, turning to face you. "Please let me escort you to your cryopod. It is my final wish." You say, bowing. He nods, and you both walk down the corridors to the King's wing.

You enter a room, with a lone pod to keep the king safe. You walk along side him to the pod, which opens. Before he steps in, you turn to him. "Alfor, take care of Allura for me." You say. He smiles down at you. He turns back towards the pod. As he raises his foot to step in, you hear a sting of explosions. Before you knew it, an explosion happened at the door, blasting you into the crypod instead of Alfor.

The last thing you saw before entering your slumber, was Alfor's shocked face. His shocked face faded into a serious one, as he draws his sword and turns to walk away. Then you fall into your deep sleep.

Your eyes shot open after you recall the sad memory. The wall deteriates and you fall to the floor. You land with a thud on the hard floor of the small room. Your vision is still slightly blurred, and your knees feel weak.

When your sight returns, you see the door is closed and locked. Did Alfor lock me in......? You ask yourself as you carefully stand up. You press your slightly numb hands to the cold metal door. How do I get out? Am I the only one up? Are Allura and Coran okay? You ask yourself again, looking around for anything that could help you escape.

You then saw a sword lying on the floor in the corner of the room. You walk over to it, and saw that it was one of the King's swords. You pick up the sword and see a note flutter down from it. In fancy lettering, you read. Take care of my daughter for me. ~Alfor.

Tears well up in your eyes and threaten to fall as you hold them back and walk back to the door again, sword in hand. You raise the sword and slash the door, which falls to the floor. You walk out, and put the sword in your belt.

Your mind was still confused, wondering if you even knew where you were going, but your body seemed to know this place by muscle memory. Your ears twitched when you heard chatter, and you ran to the control room. Your ears perked up at the voice. Allura. Coran. You open the door.

The room immediately fell silent, and everyone's gaze was on you. Your ears drooped down, and you looked at the floor. "You." You hear Allura spit out. You look up with wide eyes, to meet her icy glare. "I thought you died." She barked.

"Why are you like this-" You ask. "You let them know our battle tactics and our plans!! It's your fault father died and Altea was destroyed!!!" Allura yelled. "No, it wasn't me! I'd never!" You try to defend yourself. "Then why is father dead?!?!" She shouted.

"Because an explosion pushed me in the pod instead of him!!! And he didn't do anything about it!!! He tried to fight Zarkon and he died!!" You yell back, tears forming in your eyes. "It should've been you." Allura stated, coldly. "Allura, it's me! (Y/n)! Your best friend!!" You say to her.

"It's your fault. Leave my palace." She states, turning her back to you. You then notice the other people in the room, and the tears streaming down your face. You ran out of the room, and towards the escape pod bay.

You hoist yourself up the pod and climb in. You activate the pod, and strap a helmet on. As you do so, out of the corner of your eye, you see Allura enter, her face showed guilt. But before you could do anything, the pod took off. You looked back, only to see Allura walking away. The way she walked looked almost proud of herself.

You put the pod on autopilot, setting a course for a nearby planet. You rest your head in your hands. "What went wrong? Where did I go wrong? Where did we go wrong?" You mumbled and asked yourself, tears slipping down your cheeks again. "What changed?"

And with that, you break down sobbing over your ex-best friend.