Chapter 12

Jason's P.O.V

Me and Ender were just outside of the front practicing our sword skills. I gotta say she is pretty good. We herd people coming this way. I look to see and it was the guys. 

"Hey how was the..." I didn't say anything else but saw lifeless Mitch in Sky's arms. This was no good.

"What happend back there?" Ty asked.

I saw the pain in Jerome's eyes. Sky explained the whole thing about how squids attacked and well they have posion swords that can kill people instantyl. Like it did to Mitch. And Seto couldn't do anything about it. 

Jerome's P.O.V

We were doing a proper grave for Mitch. I haven't said anything at all since he moved on. I was holding his dog tag. This was the only thing that I have left of him.

*After the funeral. Maybe time skip to a week*

It's been a week and I haven't left the bedroom at all. I couldn't eat or leave the room. Mitch was all I can think about. As usaly Ian came in and put a new plate of food down and took the old one. 

"Jerome I hope you eat soon. We are all worried about you." He said as he left the room.

All I could do was cry and hold onto Mitch's pillow. Why didn't it have to be him? Why couldn't it be me?

Ender's P.O.V

It's been a week's since Jerome didn't come down stairs. Everyone was just talking about a plan in case the squids did come back and attack. I got bored and decide to see if I can talk to Jerome.I got up and went up stairs the guys didn't even care on where I was going. Oh well. 

I went up stairs and was in front of Jerome's room. All I can hear is crying. Poor Bacca. It must be hard to lose someone that you love the most in the world. Gone. Just like that.

I slowly opened the door and saw him lying on the bed holding what use to be Mitch's pollow and crying. I came near the bed and sat down. 

"Jerome you know where all hear for you. We all miss Mitch too." I said.

"You don't understand. I have know Mitch since we were kids. We have been so close that people say these to are unbreakable. Well guess that is never true." He said in between sobs.

"Come on let's get you outside and to take mind off of things. Just you and me. What do you say?" 

"Just the two of us? No one else?" He said as he sat up.

I shook my head yes and then he hugged me. So I hugged him back.

"Come on and get ready. I'll be waiting for you." I said as I left the room.