*Munches on Popcorn*

Lance knocked on the dark wood. The motion jingled his bracelet and heightened his anxiety. The house was much nicer than his, and he couldn't help but feel a little jealous. The grass was well-kept and striped in rows of green. Lance's breath hitched as the door suddenly opened.

"What are you doing here?"

Lance gave him a sweet smile, "Hello, Mark."

Mark crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe. "What, Lance?"

Lance lifted a hand and motioned to the house, "May I come in?"

Mark's eyes drifted in thought as he debated letting him in. After a moment, he stepped back and motioned inside.

Lance nodded and stepped past him. He had never been in Mark's house–or more like: he was never allowed in Mark's house. On the sandy wall next to him hung a coat rack above various shoes. Light wood flooring shined in the rays of sun that leaked through the shiny windows. A conservative chandelier hung at the intersection of the various rooms.

Mark shut the door and turned around. He walked toward the kitchen, "Do you want some coffee?"

Lance followed him, "Do you have tea?"

"Yeah," Mark motioned to the kitchen bar and sifted through the cabinets.

Lance sat down and turned to admire the living room behind him. Greyish blue couches with an array of decorative pillows sat around an elegant fireplace. "Your house is so pretty."

"Thank you." Mark slid a mug in front of him. He leaned down onto the counter with a mug of his own. His face was calm and held no traces of anger. "I'll ask again. Why are you here?"

"Straight to the point, huh?" Lance fiddled with the rim of his mug and raised it to his lips.

Mark kept staring at him with an intense stare.

Lance sighed and tucked a few strands of hair behind his ear, "Alright." He took a deep breath and looked Mark in the eyes. "I wanted to ask you something."

Mark shrugged, "You couldn't call?"

Lance shook his head, "This isn't really a phone call thing."

Mark rolled his eyes, "Alright. What is it?"

"I was wondering," Lance glanced down at his tea as he trailed off. "Well, I'm sure you've heard that Keith and I are engaged."

Mark sighed and nodded, "I have." He took a sip of his coffee, "And I noticed the ring on your hand."

Lance glanced down at his ring and spun it around his finger. "Yeah."

"Is that all?" Mark gave him a confused look.

Lance bit his lip and shook his head, "No, that's not all." He fought through his anxiety, "I wanted to ask you if you would be my best man at the wedding."

Mark's eyes widened and his face contorted into a mixture of shock and bewilderment. He leaned back and stared down at Lance, "What?"

Lance repeated himself, clearer this time. "I want you to be my best man."

Mark lifted a hand and shook his head. "Yeah, I know. I heard that, but–" he took a confused breath, "but why me?"

Lance lowered his eyes and fiddled with his mug, "It's just something I've always wanted."

"But you hate me." Mark scoffed, "I did so much shit to you."

Lance slowly shook his head and locked eyes with him. "I never hated you, Mark." He sighed, "I mean, you weren't the best brother, but it doesn't change that."

Mark took a deep breath and crossed his arms with a smirk. "You've gotta be fucking with me."

"I'm not." Lance spaced out his words, "I want you there." He averted his gaze, "I know we haven't had the best relationship. I've got my own reasons why I'm asking you; and I don't think you will ever be able to understand them."

"So," Mark leaned back down and spoke with his hands, "So you want me to be your best man at your wedding?"

Lance nodded, "Yes. Will you?"

"You're not tricking me into something are you? Some kind of revenge?"

Lance's face scrunched up in annoyance, "Jesus. No, Mark. Who do you think I am?"

Mark clicked his teeth and stood up straight. He looked to the side as he thought about Lance's offer.

Lance pointed at him, "Just don't try and beat up my fiancé again."

"Nah, I'm not gonna try that again." Mark scratched his head, "You're serious?"

Lance nodded and took another sip of his tea.

Mark took a few moments to think. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed, "Best man, huh?" He looked back at Lance and gave him a small smile. "It's got a nice ring to it."