If You've Never Seen a Handfasting, Watch one on YouTube. Super Cute!

Lance felt each pounding of the drum beat his chest. They weaved into his rib cage and set the rhythm of his heart. The sunset light filtered through the trees and warmed his skin. He adjusted his white lace ballet flats and admired his hands in Keith's. They looked completely opposite of each other, but linked together in perfect harmony. Keith smiled at him. He stood in a black suit that made him look old; and slicked back hair that reminded Lance of Twist and Shout. Keith's eyes admired Lance's short white dress and flower crown.

"The circle has been cast." The High Priestess held her arms up as she returned to their side. "This is now sacred ground."

Lance took a quick glance at the crowd as she consecrated the rings and presented her speech. White benches sat in rows and cradled various formal attire. An isle of white rose petals separated the sea of people.

Keith squeezed his hand and brought his mind back to the ceremony. He stepped forward and put a hand on Lance's back to lead him to a small wood table set off to the side. They lit the unit candle, then returned back to their spot.

The High Priestess offered her blessing to the East, West, South, and North. As she finished, she handed them the rings.

Keith took Lance's hand and slid the wedding band onto his finger. "Lance McClain, you are the love of my life, my dream come true, my entire universe. As you have done for me, I will become your wall and hold you up when you're low. I promise to never stray from your side in both good times and bad. Today, I vow to take you as my best friend, my partner, and one and only true love. With this ring, I vow that you will never have to go through anything alone. No longer will you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, as I will be there to carry it for you. I promise to trust you, to respect you, and to protect you. I give you my hand to hold and my life to keep. Forever and always."

Lance felt a tear drop down his cheek. He chuckled and took Keith's hand, sliding the ring onto his finger. "Keith Kogane," he locked eyes with him, "You cannot posses me, for I belong to myself. But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give. You cannot command me, for I am a free person. But I shall serve in those ways that you require and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand." A smile tugged at his cheeks, "I pledge to you that yours will be name I cry aloud in the night and the eyes to which I smile in the morning. I pledge to you the first bite of my food and the first drink from my cup. I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care. I shall be a shield for your back and you for mine. I shall not slander you, nor you me. I shall honor you above all others, and when we quarrel we shall do so in private and tell no strangers of our grievances. This is my wedding vow to you." Lance took a breath, "This is a marriage of equals."

"Now I ask you to cross your arms and take each other's hands." The High Priestess pulled out a long cord with several colors on the ends.

Keith and Lance did as they were told. The cord was tied around their wrists and hung down to show off the different colors. Lance let her speech fade out as he stared into Keith's eyes. Keith gazed back at him with his stunning crystal violet and confident smile.

The High Priestess finished tying the cord. "Now, as a final seal, Keith you may kiss Lance."

Keith leaned forward into a gentle kiss that quickly turned into a deep one. Lance pulled back with a laugh when the crowd playfully groaned. They turned slightly to face their friends and family, showing off their bound hands.

The High Priestess held her arms high, "Ladies and Gentlemen! May I present to you, Lance and Keith McClain!"