the secret comes out

[A/N: HOLY COW YOU GUYS! THANK YOU SO MUCH for 50 reads! Especially because it's my first story. ♡ thank you all so much for reading♡  -Lily]

"Well, Arin. I've never had my secretly gay best friend confess his love for me, so your situation is unique. The depends if you like men. I mean he's loved you for so long, and he talks about you so much-- not in a 'stalker' way, more like 'I have really deep love for someone else' way."

Arin was silent, and in shock.  He thought Dan liked him, but he didn't know it was true.

"... yeah..." he answered. He then excused himself and left the room. He didn't know why, but he felt really fuzzy and light headed. His face was warm, but his body was ice cold.

------------------------------------------------------

  Dan was anxious. Where is Arin? It's been a couple of hours. Should Dan call him?

Dan's phone rang. Thank the Lord, it's Arin. Dan picked up immediately.

"Hey, dude." Dan greeted.

"Hey." Arin blankly returned.

"Are you okay?" A concerned Dan questioned, "You sound upset."

"No- I'm just-- I got a lot on my mind." Arin sighed. "I'm on my way home, just go back to sleep or get something to eat."

Dan smiled, wanting to see Arin again. He remembered the first time he knew he loved Arin.

-----------several years earlier-----------

Dan and Arin had just filmed their very first episodes of Game Grumps together. It was a little awkward, since they obviously never done that before. Now it was time for a new game... Mickey Mousecapade. A game where you play as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and beat a ton of nonsense bosses.

They popped in the game and started filming.

"Mickey Mouse." Arin began in a cringy voice.

Dan was already in a fit of laughter. He couldn't contain it.

Arin went on a tangent about how terrible the game was, while Dan was trying not to throw up from laughing so hard. Dan knew that Arin was the one. This is the man he loved.

----------------present time------------------

Dan innocently chuckled to himself. He remembered that day so well.

Dan heard a car door slam outside of the house. He looked out the bedroom window and could see Arin's car. Arin had a couple bags in his arm, so of course Dan assumed he went out shopping.

Dan ran to the front door, so he could open it for Arin. Dan did so, and greeted Arin with a "welcome back!"

Arin smiled, and hugged Dan. Arin knew everything now, and Dan had no idea. Arin regretted so much talking about it with Brian.

"Uh... thanks?" Dan said, really confused. Not that he didn't like hugging, and especially not that he didn't like Arin, he just didn't understand why Arin did that. Oh well, a random excuse to hug him.

"Dan, I have something to tell you." Arin whispered, on the brink of tears. He was so scared as to what Dan would think if he knew what Arin had done.

"Sure thing, Big Cat." Dan took the bags from Arin and set them on the counter. He grabbed Arin's hands, and sat him down on the couch. Dan hugged Arin's shoulders, and put him so that he was laying in Dan's lap.

"What's got you so upset, Big Cat?" Dan purred, one hand petting Arin's hair. He knew it calmed Arin down when he did that.

"I know something I shouldn't, Dan." Arin hinted.

"What do you mean?" Dan asked. He turned Arin's head so that they looked each other in the eyes.

Arin paused considering telling a lie, but he saw the amount of concern and lovingness in Dan's eyes, and he couldn't bring himself to it.

"I know something about you."

"What is it?" Dan's heart raced. What could Arin know? Did Arin find out about the biggest secret Dan had, the fact that Dan loved him? No, that ridiculous. The only person who knew that was Brian, and he wouldn't tell anyb--

"I know how you feel about me."

Dan was silent. A look of utter horror was plastered on his face. This means Brian must have told him.

"Wh--what?" Dan stuttered in disbelief.

"I told Brian that you came out to me, and I asked how to handle it, because I didn't want to talk about it, if you aren't supposed to... BUT I also didn't want to ignore it, if you were supposed to talk about it. I also said I knew you liked a guy, and he was all like 'yeah, Dan's loved you for years'."

"HE SAID WHAT?!?" Dan shrieked.

"I mean, he didn't say years--" Arin back-pedaled. His voice shook, he was a terrible liar.

"I can't, Arin. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS." Dan stood up, pacing around the living room.

"Dan, it's alright, everything is fine." Arin now slowly stood up.

"NO, ARIN. IT'S NOT." Dan yelled. Dan's voice strained. Arin had never seen Dan so upset. It broke Arin's heart.

"Nothing is going to change between us. You can calm dow--"

"EVERYTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE. TELL ME, WHEN YOU FIND OUT YOUR GAY FRIEND HAS BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU SINCE THE DAY YOU MET, YOU ARE JUST GONNA GO ON YOUR MERRY WAY, PRETENDING LIKE NOTHING'S HAPPENED?" Dan started to sob towards the end of his sentence. He slowly folded up into a ball on the floor.

Arin ran over towards Dan, and hugged him.

"Stop." Dan pleaded.

"Stop what?" Arin cooed.

"Stop helping me." Dan tried to push away, but was too weak from crying, and fell back into Arin's arms.

"It's okay, Danny." Arin tucked parts of Dan's fluffy Jewfro behind Dan's ear. He held Dan's head with one hand, and held Dan's hand with the other.

They sat like this for a while. Arin, letting Dan get his emotions out. Dan, releasing every bit of agony out of his mind.

Arin felt a great deal of pity for the other man. He sat quietly, not wanting to disturb a now calm Dan.

There were a couple minutes of utter, complete silence until Dan spoke up.

"I didn't want you to ever know."

"Why is that?" Arin asked.

Dan sat up, nuzzling his face into Arin's chest. Arin placed his hand, which had previously been under Dan's head, now on Dan's back, calmly rubbing in circles.

"Because I knew you would never like me back."

Arin didn't answer. He instead stared at the wall in front of him, carefully piecing together a response.

"Dan. I... don't know what to say.." Arin mumbled.

"I'm sorry I did this to you." Dan said, tears silently rolled down his cheek.

Arin wiped the tears from Dan's eyes, and held him close.

Arin had one single question, burned into his mind.

"What am I going to do now?"